GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI
Just some quick updates.

I didn’t even think my wipers were that bad but the bosch are night and day better.

The fitment of the fins aren't the best tbh but they were $15 so no complaints. Might look for nicer ones eventually

5A406D06-FAE7-4D35-99B8-814AE991643F.jpeg116B0803-0CBF-4B30-AF9C-44147B3FB55B.jpeg

Last edited:

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Oil change with 5w40 liqui moly leichtlauf and brake fluid with motul rbf600. Gearing up for some track days and autox.

It’s funny that my gti now has 7500 miles on it and the oil has been changed 4 times lol.

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Got some more stuff in today.
VWR oil cap
Eurosport Front TSB
Eurosport camber adjustment inserts
Front suspension bolt kit
New oem front strut bearings.

Still waiting on the VWR coolant extension cap.
20210213_195344.jpg

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Took many more pictures. Will write a DIY soon

That would be great! Any thoughts if it’s possible to add the USB-c port that now comes factory on 2020+ gtis? I have the port but it’s not plug and play.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Not exciting but finished the black interior conversion as of today. Had been waiting on them back ordered driver side triangle piece to show up so I could install the A pillar trim. Bonus, stereo sounds great again with the tweeter installed. I'm running Infinity 2 ways in the doors but imo the soundstage really needs the pillar tweeters, even just the stock ones.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't get the deal with mud flaps - makes the car look like a dog with shaggy ears.

They do a pretty good job protecting the doors from chips when you run fat sticky tires. Maybe people get them for the functionality?

I know that sounds crazy, right?

Reactions: krs

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Update on 2. USB-port install. Currently I'm facing some connection issues :unsure:, that I need to resolve.

Setup:
1. Main Unit (MU): SW: 3Q0 035 844 A HW: 3Q0 035 844 A (factory installed in NA '17 GTI SE, old BCM)
2. Factory HSD wire from MU to factory USB-port in cubby. HSD-2 plug removed and replaced w/ HSD plug. GND wire isolated, 5V used as input for USB-Hub
3. USB-Hub 5G0 035 953 D. Modified factory HSD-cable to green connector. 12V (Battery) and GND from AC-unit, 5V from MU. Brown connector/HSD cable/cubby-USB-port, Purple connector/HSD cable/new 2. USB-port
4. Coding: Module5F/Schnittstelle für externen Medien: Aktivierung-Anschluss 2 --> aktiviert
5. Reboot of MU via volume knob

- Setup was working Friday night and Saturday on either USB-port w/ iPhone6s and iPhone12Mini
- On Sunday there was no successful connection except for (on both ports): Connection-beep (but Iphone doesn't charge) -> no CarPlay -> USB-reading. Constant loop until -> USB-error showed up on the screen. This seems to be a known issue (at least in Europe there are some reports about it). Ran out of time but a reboot of MU / reboot phone / ignore all connection on phone didn't solve it. No unknown faults in 5F via VCDS
- This morning, USB reading (music from phone) on both ports only. MU factory reset on Media and App, I was able to re-connect CarPlay to USB2 and it works w/ iPhone12Mini. USB1-reading, CarPlay screen starts but shuts down quickly, music via USB1 is possible

Every time I revert everything back to stock the cubby-port works as always. At this point I'm not sure if it is an issue w/ the MU. I've triple checked the power supply and even used a different USB-Hub instead. Have used different USB-ports / swapped HSD-cables / swapped lightning cables already, but it doesn't change the behavior. USB2 works, but USB1 as media only. Read somewhere about VW's CarPlay self-healing. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Sad
Reactions: q74

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Mothers metal polish and a bit of steel wool on my CSS exhaust tips made them look brand new again on a slightly salt dusted GTI.
I like to polish the tips every 2-3k miles. My factory original 53k mile exhaust tips still looked brand new prior to me throwing on the CSS muffler. Anyone want a stock GTI muffler?!