GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
When you say it moves freely through a ton of travel when the endlinks are disconnected, do you mean it rotates in any way, or just the end point where you’d link in the endlink can move up and down freely? I’ve never tried moving it while both sides are disconnected.

It makes sense to me that if the front sway bar is in the same orientation as stock, and you lower the car, then the endlinks will push down on the ends of the front sway bar, effectively simulating both sides of the car being compressed like you’re in a turn at the same time. Ideally, at rest, there should be no downward pressure on the front sway bar from the endlinks.

https://iscsuspension-na.com/resour...endlinks-and-how-do-they-relate-to-coilovers/

First thing I remove and last thing I install on any suspension job are the end links. If you’re doing one at a time you’re unnecessarily flighting the bar either up or down.

So basically the difference on a moderately lowered car (street or track duty, not bags or absolutely slammed) the difference in sway bar angle would be very minimal.

In AJ’s case I can definitely see how he’d run out of travel, but for a basic set up like mine (B14 5 threads from all the way down) it’s a none issue

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
This is some cool stuff you did! I'm sure @golfdave would love this too :cool:

He's used my how to guides for retro fitting the stuff..only thing he's done that I haven't is the Versus Engineering rear diffuser/axle cover....as its hatch only.....& those red brace bars..of which there are several brands...they get in the way of the rear exhaust tunnel cover which is why I haven't fitted them to my estate..

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Did you have to trim the rear lower-arm aero covers to fit with the verus?
I did, I trim a small section on the back end to clear the panel. Installation was a little bit of a pain with the Verus piece still in place, but I was able to do it.

Reactions: q74

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
He's used my how to guides for retro fitting the stuff..only thing he's done that I haven't is the Versus Engineering rear diffuser/axle cover....as its hatch only.....& those red brace bars..of which there are several brands...they get in the way of the rear exhaust tunnel cover which is why I haven't fitted them to my estate..
But of course! I'm sure you've seen me lurking in your threads asking questions hahaha.

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
But how does it sound :unsure:
I had another open air intake, an aFe one that used the bottom stock filter housing, and the APR open intake is about 20% louder over it. It is super loud and exactly what I wanted to make driving the golf more fun on the street

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I get a ton of random questions on everything from troubleshooting to mods, and some of those things end up YouTube videos.

Here’s the most recent one, which might be way below experienced diy mechanics but is no doubt good information for people new to working on things.

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Really major project today: I put on these covers to save the backs of my front seats from muddy/snowy/slushy/salty little feet. The fabric and stitching matches the seats nicely. They fit well overall, though the seats narrow at the top and the covers are more square, so they stick out a bit. Still worth the $16.

20210208_124408~01.jpg

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Had the Trackslag 4 "DP installed today. The place I had it installed couldn't print out the boost chart. It showed that the DP made the TPC20 spool 450 RPM 's sooner which was just what it needed. It feels stronger all the way to redline.
great!

yeah getting my car to hit full boost sooner than 4200rpms as it was before has really made it much more enjoyable.