GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ LOL.......no really....NC.....then I can drive to him in SC and have it be a one day turn/burn. Most of my races are in NC, so can't go toooooo far south

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
I went to Chick Fil A and have never felt so insulted. Time to part out?

View attachment 200848

I did curbside pickup at Home Depot a few weeks ago, and there was no option for hatchback or even station wagon when checking in with the app. I eventually selected "Crossover" as the closest option, but it was a minor existential crisis. What is this world coming to?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
OEM Windshield replacement and more weight reduction.
7A77B477-E04F-439F-B5F7-AFB520570257.jpeg
02583E25-8627-48CF-923A-8C89D50B11E3.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
How much was the windshield? I was quoted $380..
SC Law - Insurance replaces/repairs
cracked windshields at $0 Deductible

Edit: I think it’s once per car btw. Another crack in this glass would be a deductible about $300.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I need to move to SC then...

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
OEM Windshield replacement and more weight reduction.

Good riddance :-D

However... Ever since I no longer have a car with soundaktor, I feel like I miss a "parameter to modify".. it felt good to have it on every now and then for some weird reason. I got attached to it, in my GTE: first I coded it to be off all the time, and then I modified my driving profiles to have it to 100% when using the electro-engine. Made the car feel like it was a muscle car :p

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

However... Ever since I no longer have a car with soundaktor, I feel like I miss a "parameter to modify".. it felt good to have it on every now and then for some weird reason. I got attached to it, in my GTE: first I coded it to be off all the time, and then I modified my driving profiles to have it to 100% when using the electro-engine. Made the car feel like it was a muscle car :p
I just replaced it with BFI Stg 2 Mounts 😂

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT

On that last point, does anyone know what soundaktor % lines up with each of the DCC driving modes? I've scoured the internet but the most I can find is that "eco" is "low" (though no one knows for sure if it's 0%) and increases through comfort, normal, and sport. Would love to code it so eco is 0 and sport is 100 so I didn't have to dig out the OBD11 when I want some extra rumble.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
On that last point, does anyone know what soundaktor % lines up with each of the DCC driving modes? I've scoured the internet but the most I can find is that "eco" is "low" (though no one knows for sure if it's 0%) and increases through comfort, normal, and sport. Would love to code it so eco is 0 and sport is 100 so I didn't have to dig out the OBD11 when I want some extra rumble.

While reverse engineering the FPA(driving profile) datasets, I've found the following values that are used as request signal to the soundaktor:

From the looks of it, "144" and "152" are the values that turn it off. So if you want "ECO" to be OFF, there needs to be a value 144 or 152 at the ECO profile here. However, this is me speculating, haven't tested it yet (since I don't have a soundaktor). Read more about my driving profile modifying research here: https://github.com/jilleb/mqb-fpa

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

On my non-DCC 2015, there was 100% in sport mode, and 50% in normal. No 0% option unless you unplugged it or recoded it in VCDS.