GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So it took 2 days to do it, but drove it 1300 miles to the black hills mountains of south Dakota, just to slide off into a ditch at the condo......

No pictures, was dark when it happened so I dont know if its hurt or not. I'm hoping it was software enough snow that it didn't hurt it. Will follow up tomorrow. What a way to start off the work vacation .....

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So it took 2 days to do it, but drove it 1300 miles to the black hills mountains of south Dakota, just to slide off into a ditch at the condo......

No pictures, was dark when it happened so I dont know if its hurt or not. I'm hoping it was software enough snow that it didn't hurt it. Will follow up tomorrow. What a way to start off the work vacation .....
That sucks. I hope there's no damage.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
That sucks. I hope there's no damage.
Thanks man. The main thing is the family was fine. Wife's nerves was shot, but fine otherwise. Hopefully it will warm up in a day or 2 so I can take it into town and wash it.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks man. The main thing is the family was fine. Wife's nerves was shot, but fine otherwise. Hopefully it will warm up in a day or 2 so I can take it into town and wash it.

I had a similar incident over Christmas with our Suburban. Got attacked by a deer visiting family in Ohio, and just finally got it PDR done today.

$680 later is almost like it never happened, and the headlights are refinished too. Still need to buy a piece of trim and have it painted

Before

Hopefully yours isn’t hurt, but if it is there’re cheaper solutions than a body shop if you’re lucky

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
PXL_20210115_152351978.jpg

New OEM PCV and upgraded ECS breather hose, because I loathe the connection on the OEM breather hose to the inlet pipe.

Yes, my engine bay is dirty. Out of site, out of mind.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
So you got the new ECS PCV hose to work with the CTS TIP after all?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
To those with Moog endlinks:

Where the hell did you buy them?! I have wasted over 30 minutes looking for moog endlinks. Found one pep boys in my area with one endlink, and another website called Moog Suspension Parts (a reseller, not Moog direct) that is special order 5-8 week delivery frame on the endlinks. Can't buy them online on O'Reilly's, Pep Boys, or Advance Auto Parts. Not available on ECS or FCP Euro. Struggling here.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So you got the new ECS PCV hose to work with the CTS TIP after all?
Yep, fit no problem. If you look at the actual inlet on mine, and the one DSC808 linked in a different thread, you can see they're slightly different. Mine is on the left.

1610729048519.png

Allowed it to fit on no problem.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
To those with Moog endlinks:

Where the hell did you buy them?! I have wasted over 30 minutes looking for moog endlinks. Found one pep boys in my area with one endlink, and another website called Moog Suspension Parts (a reseller, not Moog direct) that is special order 5-8 week delivery frame on the endlinks. Can't buy them online on O'Reilly's, Pep Boys, or Advance Auto Parts. Not available on ECS or FCP Euro. Struggling here.
Rock Auto is where I snagged mine. Looks like they're out of stock right now though.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/moog,K750809,stabilizer+bar+link,7580

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting to find them in stock. As of now, I ordered them from Summit Racing, they are on backorder.