GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
You can always order the Clubsport S seat delete. I got mine through e-acca and looks great!
I was actually on that thread the other day. Was there anything else you ended up needing besides this part 5G3863711KEJ? Do you have any additional photos of the piece installed?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I was actually on that thread the other day. Was there anything else you ended up needing besides this part 5G3863711KEJ? Do you have any additional photos of the piece installed?

That is the only needed part. I will get some photos and update here but might be a bit.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Installed my Stop Tech BBK and. Motorsports Stud Kit
Front brake.png

I picked up some unpainted rear brakes with 5k on them and painted them with silver caliper paint to match

rear brake.png

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Nice. That's the ST-40 kit, right? Any install tips or is it pretty straight forward?

It's pretty straight forward. I left the old calipers attached until I was ready to just pop on the new brake line and used a power bleeder. I did forget to order new bracket bolts so I had to wait on those. I would just put the brake line on loose and angle the brake line a bit to make a smooth transition before tightening them down. Changing out brake pads will be a lot easier.

Last edited:

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday but I swapped out my 034 dogbone insert for the powerflex diesel(red) insert. I’m pretty happy so far. The only noticeable vibrations that are worse than the 034 are in reverse. So it’s def a keeper. Also I finally got my IE V2 intake in after waiting a month for it. Also had the IE turbo inlet waiting to go in as well.
B503A094-2322-4EE4-AFC8-4004A5DAA581.jpeg

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Yup. Oil cap off, loosen and unscrew the filter until you hear it drain back to the oil pan, then insert the straw in the dipstick hole. Helps a lot if the oil is warm too; circle your block once or twice before you start and you should be up over 100 degrees. Make sure the drain plug on the top of your oil extractor is nice and tight too.
Yeah, a warm engine would help, also helps as most deposits are still suspended in the oil. If you're worried about left over metals and such, you could buy 7 quarts, toss in half a quart and re-extract.

Did you make sure you released all pressure with the little valve under the handle before you started extracting? Ran into that issue when I was using it and had to repump.

Last edited:

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Yeah, a warm engine would help, also helps as most deposits are still suspended in the oil. If you're worried about left over metals and such, you could buy 7 quarts, toss in half a quart and re-extract.

Did you make sure you released all pressure with the little valve under the handle before you started extracting? Ran into that issue when I was using it and hand to repump.

I didn't even realize that was there until you mentioned it. I just looked at an image of it and never messed with that before, lol. That might be part of it. Thank for pointing that out.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Replaced my worn out rear sway bar endlinks with the oh so nice Moog ones.
Endlink2.png

I did have the dreaded issue with the triple square portion of the old endlinks breaking. So I took a Dremel with a cutting disk and cut slots into the endlink bolt and a relieve slot in the nut. I probably would've replaced them with the Moog ones earlier had I know the Moog ones were designed with the squares on the endlink side to use a wrench instead of the triple square on the OEM.

endink.png

swaybar.png

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I ran a hard wire for my dash cam and that was the easiest time I had running a wire in a car ever. Took like 10 minutes tops.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The admins need to update the certificates. They expired yesterday.
I can't post or comment when using Chrome. Firefox works, though.

I had the same problem with chrome until I updated it.