GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

tdipaul

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 6MT SE PP/LP
New cat-back installed today

Corrosion on the clamp in between the downpipe and resonator made normal removal impossible so out came the sawzall.

Cut the rest too, no turning back now

Just before tightening all the clamps

Finished up late so will start it up tomorrow. I hope there are no leaks I need a break from confined ground work!!!

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
Then took it to its (and my) 3rd Autocross.
Did great. No issues at all. Sad realization that it will never compete with the R or type R. Type R corners much better and the R puts down power where I'm just spin city. Also, the 5MT gearing is so long, have to downshift into 1st, where they can stay in 2nd. Did beat the only GTI there who was running re71r tires. Can't wait to get some 200tw tires. Still a blast.

Try an LSD if you're spinning so much. I wouldn't worry bout the higher HP cars. Sure it helps, but driver skill makes up for a lot of it than more HP. Keep the fun!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
New cat-back installed today

Corrosion on the clamp in between the downpipe and resonator made normal removal impossible so out came the sawzall.

Cut the rest too, no turning back now

Just before tightening all the clamps

Finished up late so will start it up tomorrow. I hope there are no leaks I need a break from confined ground work!!!
On the stock exhaust. What’s that triangular straight through part that’s closest to the downpipe? Resonator?

which catback did you go with? Any chance you can upload a sound clip and review in the morning when it’s all buttoned up?

looks killer!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Try an LSD if you're spinning so much. I wouldn't worry bout the higher HP cars. Sure it helps, but driver skill makes up for a lot of it than more HP. Keep the fun!

Already have one, but if both tire lose traction, it really doesn't help.

1) gotta work on throttle control
2) should probably leave traction control on until then, but found on last autocross that I'm quicker with it completely off.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
On the stock exhaust. What’s that triangular straight through part that’s closest to the downpipe? Resonator?

which catback did you go with? Any chance you can upload a sound clip and review in the morning when it’s all buttoned up?

looks killer!

Looks like the Rev9/Beluga catback (pretty sure they're the same thing with different branding). I had got the Rev9 one, and it looks identical to that.

tdipaul, why did you cut the stock exhaust up like that?

tdipaul

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 6MT SE PP/LP
The triangular piece is the resonator. Its a big, heavy mama

The exhaust is a Beluga and it fits well. The added hanger they supply is a nice touch, and adds one more than the stock setup. The tubes/welds seem to be of good quality but the clamps are a bit lacking though.

The stock exhaust isn't going back on so it was cut up for ease of disposal. I have nowhere to store it anyway.

After the kids school is done for the day will start it up and post a video!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Already have one, but if both tire lose traction, it really doesn't help.

1) gotta work on throttle control
2) should probably leave traction control on until then, but found on last autocross that I'm quicker with it completely off.

Leave TC off. You'll be faster and learn throttle control quicker.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Rag is out and squeek is gone!

Now I just need to call VW about this fuel line rattle BS and the car will be noise free!

Oof, fuel line rattle. Sound coming from behind glovebox? I had that on my 1st 2015 GTI, not in my 2nd 2015 GTI nor my 2019 Alltrack

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The triangular piece is the resonator. Its a big, heavy mama

The exhaust is a Beluga and it fits well. The added hanger they supply is a nice touch, and adds one more than the stock setup. The tubes/welds seem to be of good quality but the clamps are a bit lacking though.

The stock exhaust isn't going back on so it was cut up for ease of disposal. I have nowhere to store it anyway.

After the kids school is done for the day will start it up and post a video!
thnx

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
IMG_6366.jpg
IMG_6367.jpg

Just finished the second coat. making white reflect and shine is so damn hard.

tdipaul

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 6MT SE PP/LP
Added a couple of body parts

ECS extension. The fit is pretty good, though its a little tricky to install because of all the double-sided tape that grabs early before its into position.

Something about this cheap ($65) splitter on ebay caught my eye. Fit is great and it's super easy to install. Just have to be a little more careful near curbs and parking blocks now!

(before)

(after)