GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Post will be most useless without pictures. I didn't take many but I'll add them later, lots of progress yesterday/today...
- Neuspeed TDI Turbo Disharge Damper... just deletes the turbo muffler, combined with Neuspeed intake, hoping for a bit of turbo noise, expecting no performance gains
- Sound actor retrofit complete... not sure if it will work yet, but it's fully installed and wired (also, this should be installed before the windshield, what a PITA, haha)
- OEM front fog harness fully installed and wired, just waiting for the bumper
- PDC harness(es) fully installed and wired, also waiting on bumper
- ACC sensor harness fully installed and wired... needs remote activation, and the plastic trim piece I somehow forgot to order
- DCC harness(es) routing almost complete... fed through firewall then into each front wheel well
- Added wires from cabin to ABS Module for TPMS Set and ESC Mode select via shifter surround buttons
-- Also added clutch position switch wire... exists on 46 pin ABS diagram but not in the diagram for my 38 pin (not sure if I'll need it when I switch ABS's)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not today, but a few days ago.

Installed ethanol sensor, Autotech hpfp, bfi motor mounts, powerflex hybrid dogbone and flex fuel tune.

Unfortunately getting a CEL, but code just says unknown.

Fortunately, it's running fine.

On 93, it seemed a little flatter in power down low than APR, which was a little disappointing.
Then put in e25. Was a little better than APR.
Finally e35 (which I can probably go up to e50). That was much much better. Power just a bit lower down. About 3k vs 3200. Top end was much better.

Then took it to its (and my) 3rd Autocross.
Did great. No issues at all. Sad realization that it will never compete with the R or type R. Type R corners much better and the R puts down power where I'm just spin city. Also, the 5MT gearing is so long, have to downshift into 1st, where they can stay in 2nd. Did beat the only GTI there who was running re71r tires. Can't wait to get some 200tw tires. Still a blast.

20201123_085146.jpg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Just gave it a much needed car wash yesterday. I had a bunch of new stuff to try. All for the first time I used turtle wax seal and shine, so the car and the wheels got a coat. That stuff came off super easy with no hazing and almost minimal buffing. Then I had some optimum optibond tire gel to try out, nothin too exciting there but people seem to really like that stuff. One thing I've been meaning to try for a while is aquapel. I finally got around to ordering some and after last nights car wash I applied it to every window. One applicator was able to do my entire car, so as long as this stuff lasts about 6 months my 4 pack should last me a couple years. The whole car has a temporary hydrophobic coating on it now, but there's no rain in the forecast.

I swear if there's 1 upgrade I should do it's to swap out the front brake pads for something that doesn't create so much dust. My back wheels look good for so long, but the front wheels just get nasty.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Just gave it a much needed car wash yesterday. I had a bunch of new stuff to try. All for the first time I used turtle wax seal and shine, so the car and the wheels got a coat. That stuff came off super easy with no hazing and almost minimal buffing. Then I had some optimum optibond tire gel to try out, nothin too exciting there but people seem to really like that stuff. One thing I've been meaning to try for a while is aquapel. I finally got around to ordering some and after last nights car wash I applied it to every window. One applicator was able to do my entire car, so as long as this stuff lasts about 6 months my 4 pack should last me a couple years. The whole car has a temporary hydrophobic coating on it now, but there's no rain in the forecast.

I swear if there's 1 upgrade I should do it's to swap out the front brake pads for something that doesn't create so much dust. My back wheels look good for so long, but the front wheels just get nasty.

No matter what, I can't keep my car clean. Front brakes are dusty af, and while driving, the rear is just a magnet for dirt. When it's time, I'll be upgrading the rotors and pads. I wonder if mud flaps would help with the rear.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
No matter what, I can't keep my car clean. Front brakes are dusty af, and while driving, the rear is just a magnet for dirt. When it's time, I'll be upgrading the rotors and pads. I wonder if mud flaps would help with the rear.

yeah new pads for brakes, mudflaps, and paint protection are all essentials if you want a clean car

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Paid off in October. Thank you dieselgate for a sweetheart deal on this 4motion 6mt longboi beauty. Having a blast with this with some proper suspension mods at stage one. FBO path is next (clutch, IS38, IC, tune, DP)

In the meantiume I just treated myself with the DG six sigma, superpin, and bushings. I also just bought an OBD11 today.

Paid off tax:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Explored the incredible driving roads of the Poconos. My drive took me past one of my favorite buildings in the area, the Sterling Inn. Unfortunately the owner died in 2012 and it's sat abandoned since. Someone started clearing the overgrowth around the property so I have a feeling time is limited for this 1800s behemoth.

Hopefully they are clearing the overgrowth to use the building again. It's too nice to not use it. Great picture.