GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
only thing I could say is post a vid of a loud rev, watched the ig and it seemed like you guys didn't even break 3k rpm. Looks great though, not surprised with the quality as its always 100

He didn’t it was cold and almost 11pm, he’s gonna send some driving clips of it this weekend.

It’s really not loud at all, but that’s what he wanted just a deep OEM+ sound without annoying his wife and neighbors

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Technically not today, but either yesterday or the day before...

PXL_20201120_203639017.jpg

In the meantime, I'm gonna start a trend. What y'all think?

PXL_20201120_205942676.jpg

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
This happened a couple hours ago. The other person ran a red light. Thank you VW for keeping me and my brother safe.

Today I signed the transfer papers to release my GTI to the insurance co since it has been totaled out.

Unfortunately the selections for GTI's/R's in my area are practically non-existent. Closest used 2019+ autobahn is over 300 miles away. And used 2019 R's are going for almost MSRP when they were new.

I did end up staying within the (extended) family and can say that I am quite happy with my choice. 2020 Audi A3 premium plus Quattro in Cosmos blue. Same engine/7 speed DCT thats in the GTI along with a few goodies like Quattro AWD and the B&O Sound system. Looked at a couple of S3's but the price difference was significant. Also its a lease which means in 3 years I will be able to take a look at the MK8 GTI/R or the redesigned A/S3.

Anyways heres a couple pics:
IMG_4470.JPG

IMG_4479.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Bored out of my mind waiting for KungFlu test results. Installed a correct diameter downpipe reducer, but it's a maybe 1-2" too long. Need to find a local GTI Jake to have the catback shortened and adapter tig'd. I still cannot believe how quiet this car is for having 350awhp. Took down a popcorn tune Mk7 GTI with ease. Threw on my winters and gave it a good pre winter detail. Bring on the snow!

I have a buddy in Youngstown, OH if that’s not too far.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
No pictures, but installed k&n intake and in cabin filters tonight. For only 8k miles that factory in cabin filter was nasty!! Also, who in there right mind tunes an R to stage 2 with all the goodies and leaves the stock filter in it?!?. Well now she can breath so much better. Can hear the spoolie boy alot better now.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Karthoum’s are my favorite OEM wheel VWs ever made besides grey Prets

I agree, they're one of the better ones. Not mine though, I just happen to have a set in my garage that belong to a friend, and could borrow it for a day or two instead of putting on a donut.

Will have a new DWS06 put on tomorrow. While I'm not a fan of replacing a single tire at a time, they're still in good enough condition (7/32nds or so) that I can't bring myself to pull a good one off and waste it.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Today I signed the transfer papers to release my GTI to the insurance co since it has been totaled out.

Unfortunately the selections for GTI's/R's in my area are practically non-existent. Closest used 2019+ autobahn is over 300 miles away. And used 2019 R's are going for almost MSRP when they were new.

I did end up staying within the (extended) family and can say that I am quite happy with my choice. 2020 Audi A3 premium plus Quattro in Cosmos blue. Same engine/7 speed DCT thats in the GTI along with a few goodies like Quattro AWD and the B&O Sound system. Looked at a couple of S3's but the price difference was significant. Also its a lease which means in 3 years I will be able to take a look at the MK8 GTI/R or the redesigned A/S3.

View attachment 193398
View attachment 193399
Gratz on the Audi, that model is one of my fav's. Curious to hear your feedback after you drive it for a while.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Installed the WCT pedal spacer a few days ago. First time getting to drive it for an extended time. I'm in a DSG but so far really loving it. Can definitely see it making heel toe easier for manuals

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI

View attachment 193398
View attachment 193399

Technically this is a MK7 underneath...Congrats.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
20201121_130537.jpg

Finally got this installed - very easy as long as you are careful with your centerpunch work. I used the same cobalt bits I purchased for the IC install which made quick work of the body.

Can really tell it's there! just like the front. The car is approaching go-kart qualities and the last piece is good tires, my lightweight wheels (RSE10 18x8.5) and an alignment to zero out the rear toe. I don't plan to do any springs at the moment but I am interested in stiffening the rear spring rate a tad. Maybe Golf R springs.

I would say this is a must-do mod (any of the ones that is raised above the floor, there are a couple options)

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Rag
View attachment 193457

Finally got this installed - very easy as long as you are careful with your centerpunch work. I used the same cobalt bits I purchased for the IC install which made quick work of the body.

Can really tell it's there! just like the front. The car is approaching go-kart qualities and the last piece is good tires, my lightweight wheels (RSE10 18x8.5) and an alignment to zero out the rear toe. I don't plan to do any springs at the moment but I am interested in stiffening the rear spring rate a tad. Maybe Golf R springs.

I would say this is a must-do mod (any of the ones that is raised above the floor, there are a couple options)
rag still needed for the squeak?