Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Installed the EuroSport strut tower brace this morning. No pictures as it's a painfully easy install. So far minor to mild notice on the street, but I can have a little more fun in the round-a-bout now.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Got my Cobb and flashed the car to Cobb stage 1 93. Waiting on my stratified file now.
PXL_20201113_204235097.jpg

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Winter wheel swap.

Bremmer Kraft BR16s. 17x8" ET45. Tires are Michelin X-ice 225/45/17. I have 10mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear. I have a lot of distance between the spokes and the caliper on the front and could probably drop down to a 5-6mm spacer but we'll see.

I had an odd tapping/rub noise that was rotational. When first inspected yesterday, I didn't find any signs of anything touching/scraping but I was losing daylight. I went out this morning and found the issue. The RF wheel has a strip of 7 wheel weights on it. For whatever reason, they are making ever so slight contact with the caliper. I rotated the rear wheel that only has 2 weights on it to the front and the problem disappeared. I'll have to take the wheel back to Discount Tire and have them re-balance it so that it doesn't need so many weights in a row.

problem weights:

with 10mm spacers on front

caliper clearance

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Actually got to drive it today and really experience the superpro rsb and eurosport front strut brace on a longer highway drive with some good sweeping ramps.

I still haven't gotten around to the rear xbrace, really excited to do it.

20201115_110302.jpg