GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
What did I do FOR my MK7 today...

I made room for it.

Jeep is a 2-door, so it's short, and that's as far back as it goes. It doesn't come out to play much so with it positioned there and the GTI closer to the garage door it accomplished several things: A) they're staggered enough that the door of the GTI clears the jeep, they'll never hit, B) staight shot in/out of the door to the house, and C) my work bench (behind the GTI on the left wall) is clear and there is plenty of room behind the car to work.

Now to just make it fast.

PXL_20201023_201815984.jpg

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
2 reviews:

Audi Harmonic Damper:
Killer mod, cheap with no downsides, rear end is silent. Do it. I have a plan for a mod to quiet road noise in the front end, will post results.

Powerflex Hybrid Lower Bushing - Yellow (few hundred miles)
there is added vibration in park and reverse, especially with the AC on. Otherwise its better than all the inserts by far and shifts are super smooth. I have no regrets about doing this. I enjoy it every time I downshift - not really tuned/tired to see the other benefits around wheel hop but I'm sure its every bit as good as others have said.

ECP

Car(s)
Mk7.5 DSG
0002249D-CA5E-48DF-81C6-1ABD2203A449.jpeg
03FA1C5F-1879-4C6E-A726-2A7ABBF523AA.jpeg

Received and installed my BEC led headlights. Long wait from being backordered + customs, but definitely worth it! Fit is fantastic, especially for aftermarket. Im a body man, so I’ve seen my share of bad fitting headlights. Install was easy, 30min tops. Plug and play harness, no extra wires, beautiful. Havent driven in the night, but they are super bright, and the dynamic turn signals are a really cool feature.