GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Have you tried the Russian/euro touch up paint that comes with a bottle a brush rather than a pen?

Not a fan of the OE pens as I have night blue metallic and the flake doesnt flow correctly through the tip. Ordered Dr. Color chip, gonna give it a go.

I think I may have achieved better results if I'd have put more time into and and/or been more careful. In the end, if you drive it, you're always going to have a 10-foot car at best, no matter what.

Rajas31

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 Golf R
happy_gilmore.jpg

You're only wearing one shoe.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Installed MST Intake system.

I've been looking at that one recently. I already have the inlet pipe so it'd be pretty cheap in comparison to what else is out there.

How does it sound with regular driving vs WOT? The other option I've been considering is the IE v2 intake, but it might be too open and too loud for me. I feel like the IE intake would be heard all the time, and the mst might be muffled enough that it's only heard when I want it to be heard.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
I've been looking at that one recently. I already have the inlet pipe so it'd be pretty cheap in comparison to what else is out there.

How does it sound with regular driving vs WOT? The other option I've been considering is the IE v2 intake, but it might be too open and too loud for me. I feel like the IE intake would be heard all the time, and the mst might be muffled enough that it's only heard when I want it to be heard.

I haven't tried it without the cover, but when driving normally, it doesn't sound loud. I only hear it when I step on it. I chose the MST kit because of it's price for inlet, silicon pipe and intake were the best value for me and it allows the option for a close or open system. I have to say, it's not completely sealed. From the pic I posted, you can see how the lid isn't really a tight seal. They also have perforations on the front ride of the box.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I haven't tried it without the cover, but when driving normally, it doesn't sound loud. I only hear it when I step on it. I chose the MST kit because of it's price for inlet, silicon pipe and intake were the best value for me and it allows the option for a close or open system. I have to say, it's not completely sealed. From the pic I posted, you can see how the lid isn't really a tight seal. They also have perforations on the front ride of the box.

It doesn't bother me that it's not sealed. I mean, I've been considering drilling some holes in my stock box lol

I've already got the inlet pipe, so MST seems like a good option. I haven't seen any others that can be upgraded in that way.

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Does anyone know why the right side of my car sits higher than the left side? I got the DG springs and B8s for about 2k miles so far.

Mine is the exact same way. Dg springs with stock struts.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know why the right side of my car sits higher than the left side? I got the DG springs and B8s for about 2k miles so far.
Mine is the exact same way. Dg springs with stock struts.

I wasn't joking. Put some high lateral loads on the car with quick transitions and they'll level out.

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I wasn't joking. Put some high lateral loads on the car with quick transitions and they'll level out.
Lol ok. I'll give that a shot

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
It doesn't bother me that it's not sealed. I mean, I've been considering drilling some holes in my stock box lol

I've already got the inlet pipe, so MST seems like a good option. I haven't seen any others that can be upgraded in that way.

I don’t know your noise threshold but no intake I’ve heard on these cars is particularly loud. I have the Forge carbon and a cts inlet and you can hear it but it’s not obnoxious. Let me know if you wanna meet up sometime to hear it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I don’t know your noise threshold but no intake I’ve heard on these cars is particularly loud. I have the Forge carbon and a cts inlet and you can hear it but it’s not obnoxious. Let me know if you wanna meet up sometime to hear it.

That's so much more than I want to spend lol
It looks properly engineered though.

I had an IE intake on my mk6 that I loved, but that car was louder in every way and the R is staying more of a sleeper. Kinda starting to miss the psh noises now.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
*last night - swapped over the Airlift adjustable performance rear shocks (big difference and they are only set to the middle click right now)
also did some work to the inside of the rear wells to gain clearance and got the 15mm rear spacers on the car to clear.

tires are 235/40s with 8.5 wheels and final offsets are now about 15et on the front and 20et in the rear, lol. (lots of -camber also, don't know the settings when its aired down but at ride height the fronts are at -5 and rears are -3.2 so its more than that when aired out)

IMG_4792.jpg
IMG_4793.jpg
IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4805.jpg

Last edited: