GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I was wondering guys since I bought these Indy 500s recently its only been 5k miles. Tire that went bad was just rotated to the front last week so it has plenty of thread. I bought the set not to long ago and got their credit card for the promotion. Any way I could get away with getting a new tire? Since firestone has defects warranty lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I was wondering guys since I bought these Indy 500s recently its only been 5k miles. Tire that went bad was just rotated to the front last week so it has plenty of thread. I bought the set not to long ago and got their credit card for the promotion. Any way I could get away with getting a new tire? Since firestone has defects warranty lol
Only if they offered or you paid for the damage warranty like discount tire offers.

otherwise it won’t be replaced as a deflective tires as it’s not.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Only if they offered or you paid for the damage warranty like discount tire offers.

otherwise it won’t be replaced as a deflective tires as it’s not.

Hopefully they just charged me on how much thread was used. It would be best instead of paying 100$+ for the tire. I might say something like, I was driving and noticed my “tire light” came on and that I pulled on the side on the road and saw the gash on the sidewall. LOL any better ideas let me know

We’ll find out tomorrow. Im just fking gladddd my car is 100% finee.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Since I hit a curb pretty hard last night n needed to buy a new tire. I noticed I hit the front of side skirt. Is this an expensive fix? I might have to live with it
4B45C14D-F424-4542-8482-49016B6DB2D4.jpeg
91686158-DC91-40D0-BF10-FDC1CA680E76.jpeg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Since I hit a curb pretty hard last night n needed to buy a new tire. I noticed I hit the front of side skirt. Is this an expensive fix? I might have to live with it View attachment 186461View attachment 186462

check the rocker underneath for deformation as well. If your rocker is affected this is an expensive, labor intensive repair. If not, it’s just a side skirt. Maybe an excuse to go full body kit?😁

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Since I hit a curb pretty hard last night n needed to buy a new tire. I noticed I hit the front of side skirt. Is this an expensive fix? I might have to live with it View attachment 186461View attachment 186462

I think you can just easily take that thing off and bend it back and put it back on.

Mine looks a bit like that too but less so. I got a little too happy in a roundabout and bashed the wheel right into the curb, hard. Tire didn't pop but the wheel ended up bowed inward. Still rolled and felt OK, though it had a visually noticeable side wobble. Swapped it with passenger rear and later replaced it with a used one.

I was sure I must have messed up a control arm/etc from the impact but amazingly there was no issue at all.

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
You may be able to get someone to pull that dent without paint. Might not be perfect but the guy I had do my rocker dent did a pretty good job for cheap. The guy I used isn’t even a “PDR guy”, just a regular body shop.
Before:
9C6758ED-5641-44F9-8335-258F97014F5E.jpeg
After:
DD6FE110-8BE4-4225-88B9-A56E0735B1CA.jpeg
I know the second pic kind of sucks but you get the idea

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

I have damage in the same spot from running off the end of my car ramps. ZOMFG DERP
Mine is a little worse though. The dent goes almost up to the horizontal crease on the rocker. Lost track of where I was from the clutch slipping and bang!

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
I have damage in the same spot from running off the end of my car ramps. ZOMFG DERP
Mine is a little worse though. The dent goes almost up to the horizontal crease on the rocker. Lost track of where I was from the clutch slipping and bang!

that’s how I earned the dent above. Not one of my prouder moments

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I had car slip off jack pad due to a rock stopping the jack from rolling while jacking car up. . Took the PDR guy over an hour to get it to move at all, but once it moved a little, that was it, he was able to get it almost perfect.

Hubs

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Not quite what I did "today," but what I did yesterday and over the past month on my new-to-me 2017 GTI.

Yesterday I installed VWR Sport Springs. By my measurements, this lowered the front a hair more than 3/4" and the rear by 1". I haven't driven the car much since, but my impressions so far is that the ride is not much different. That is OK with me, as I wasn't looking for a big change in ride quality.

Here are other things I did since purchase of the car:
  • It had a fairly dark tint on the rear passenger windows and the backlight. I am a fan of good visibility, and I removed the tint.
  • Changed the engine oil and oil filter.
  • Replaced the factory shift knob with one from BFI.
  • Picked up a set of used Detroit wheels and some new RE-71R tires. I will put these on the car this week in advance of an autocross on 9/27.
IMG_1996.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the info guys really appreciate it.

How of much of a labor you can guess? 150-300$?

Also, I got the new tire on (Indy 500). Wish the previous tire didnt pop 124$ down the drain. Ontop of the tire being 5000k miles with 600 miles on the front. So much tread was left but Firestone doesnt offer warranty under my situation for these tires.

Driving the car it drives alright. EXCEPT, it goes to the right. Definitely need an alignment. Hope thats all I need!

Deciding if I can align just tht one wheel with the shop I did the alignment with (which was three days ago since I installed springs). If not I’ll do the entire alignment until I install my Bilstein B8s later this week.

Driving with the steering wheel like this is annoying
4CE0599A-3617-41AB-A1BB-38CB54E65B13.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks for the info guys really appreciate it.

How of much of a labor you can guess? 150-300$?

Also, I got the new tire on (Indy 500). Wish the previous tire didnt pop 124$ down the drain. Ontop of the tire being 5000k miles with 600 miles on the front. So much tread was left but Firestone doesnt offer warranty under my situation for these tires.

Driving the car it drives alright. EXCEPT, it goes to the right. Definitely need an alignment. Hope thats all I need!

Deciding if I can align just tht one wheel with the shop I did the alignment with (which was three days ago since I installed springs). If not I’ll do the entire alignment until I install my Bilstein B8s later this week.

Driving with the steering wheel like this is annoyingView attachment 186467

What's up with the check engine light?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
What's up with the check engine light?
Im on a stock tune with the CTS Highflow 200cell catt DP with the 42dd o2 spacer. When I installed it I was good for 1k miles. Unfortunately, I wont last a day or two with the CEL turned off. So its been very frequent. When I installed the DP it never came on maybe once/twice a month. Now its on & off very frequently. Car has been driving most of its 4k miles with the CEL. I heard about the J-spacer & OBD11 just havent bothered.