GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
For all us peasants without MPI, to remind us we don’t have mpi and get to have carbon coated valves 😂

I've thought a lot about getting MPI to eliminate the problem but I just can't justify the expense of everything involved including getting tuned again.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Dropped her off to get the DBV2 TBB V1 installed and tuned on the dyno

941B1456-3846-43EA-AACB-3C08DF91AFEC.jpeg

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Driving the car hard and often makes it worse because it produces more blowby.

You are missing the point I am making. More blow by does not result in more carbon build up. The amount doesn't matter, velocity of the air and the heat matters. More rpm = less carbon (not no carbon, less)

This is why an occ is pointless for carbon buildup prevention

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Very New England of you! But yeah, I also have a beater ('08 Mariner) to drive in the salt - thankfully DC doesn't get nearly as bad.

It totally is. I work at a compost site and at LEAST 50% of my coworkers cars are Subarus. The car is a 5 speed so it has the constant 50:50 power split, can't wait to whip some big snowy drifts. And it was $800, can't really go wrong.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You are missing the point I am making. More blow by does not result in more carbon build up. The amount doesn't matter, velocity of the air and the heat matters. More rpm = less carbon (not no carbon, less)

This is why an occ is pointless for carbon buildup prevention

Back to agree to disagree.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Covered up my fuse box cover and ugly de-caged ECU, looks much better IMO.

20200915_174126.jpg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
6MT Alltrack SE, 5.8K miles

Just installed first round of performance upgrades on my new Alltrack. After having owned several MK7s and experimented with a pretty big array of upper and lower engine (dogbone) mount setups, I chose APR Pendulum Bar, APR Lower Steel Dogbone Insert, and 034 Upper Aluminum Dogbone insert on stock mounts (until they wear out). I also had APR Plus (87 octane low torque tune w/ warranty to 72k), the ECS bleeder block, and grey rokblokz mudflaps installed.

The mounts are fantastic for now, substantial increase in driveline stiffness with little to no NVH increase. I will likely replace the uppers with BFI when they die an early death, but CE Euro's 75A rubbers w/ lifetime warranty are interesting too. ECS Bleeder combined with the increased stiffness = dramatically improved shifting over stock. I realized I'm better at driving manual than it seemed (after having been in a DSG car for 3 years until April) - the car made it harder for me. It really seems like half the work has been taken out of it. The clutch just works. Not really sure how the delay valves help, they make it harder, and engagements less smooth/more wear on clutch.

The tune is everything I wanted from it. The low end torque boost coupled with the nonexistent turbo lag on the IS12 works really well around town, with AWD to put it all down even on Bridgestone OEM tires.

The grey rokblokz complement the frosted aluminum accents around the car, and round out an already well-appointed car. The Great Falls Green with the aluminum accents never ceases to wow me. I stare at my car when i approach it to get in, and as im walking away from it. every time.