GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Is your car on stock shocks or aftermarket?
I have Bilstein B8s ready to go with Revo (Eibach Euro) springs and want that Eurosport camber kit. Keep us posted on the camber, please.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have Bilstein B8s ready to go with Revo (Eibach Euro) springs and want that Eurosport camber kit. Keep us posted on the camber, please.

I’m curious too. I have suspension parts stock piled and wasn’t going to add any camber from the top since it’s a nightmare for most people NVH wise. Either way I’ll probably just run the LCA & B14 to see if I like that setup before diving into additional added camber, but it would be nice to have a plan B

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
My previous setup was Koni Yellow with VWR springs and SuperPro camber plates. SuperPro plates made no noise but were way too harsh on anything but perfect pavement, I was only able to get -2.1 up front with the deadset kit in. When I installed the Eurosport kit, I pushed the mount towards the engine as far as I could and loosened balljoint nuts to try to gain some more negative camber, will definitely post alignment printout when I get it - hoping for at least similar specs, bonus if it gets me more.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Took her out on her first photoshoot today. Looking nice with the DG springs I installed yesterday
8247E8BB-C477-49F5-A829-A0FD9354E225.jpeg
9C516E78-2D92-4D47-9CA7-F9844889EA7D.jpeg
B27B5B30-DBFF-4A12-B5A5-D8F5DB897181.jpeg

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Bought an '03 forester so I can keep it out of the salt

Very New England of you! But yeah, I also have a beater ('08 Mariner) to drive in the salt - thankfully DC doesn't get nearly as bad.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Bought an '03 forester so I can keep it out of the salt
I bought a 17 Tiguan a couple months ago for the same reason. My 98 camry finally rusted out and isnt worth a damn anymore so had to upgrade

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
So got an alignment this morning, interesting that the right camber is not equal to the left, even with the deadset kit. Wonder if it's worth tinkering with the ball joint to get it equal or let it be. It's also damn near impossible to get the steering wheel exactly center every time I go. It's always been slightly off since the day I bought the car.

Front:
Caster 7.55° / 7.17°
Camber -1.99° / -1.72°
Toe 0.01° / 0.02°

Rear:
Camber -1.70° / -1.69°
Toe 0.03° / 0.03°

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Had manual carbon cleaning done today at 100K miles and holy shit the difference in throttle response and power is amazing. And he said the carbon buildup wasn't nearly as bad as others at that mileage because of my OCC.

Really? Even with no misfires or codes, and not much buildup (no pics?) you can tell?

Anyone else see this?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
So got an alignment this morning, interesting that the right camber is not equal to the left, even with the deadset kit. Wonder if it's worth tinkering with the ball joint to get it equal or let it be. It's also damn near impossible to get the steering wheel exactly center every time I go. It's always been slightly off since the day I bought the car.

Front:
Caster 7.55° / 7.17°
Camber -1.99° / -1.72°
Toe 0.01° / 0.02°

Rear:
Camber -1.70° / -1.69°
Toe 0.03° / 0.03°

Well you're looking at a 0.135° deviation assuming its complimentary. Hunter Hawkeye machines have a tight mode camber tolerance of +/- .25° I would say that unless you are noticing any measurable wear difference or steering behavior then you should consider yourself in spec.

tight mode tolerances:
1600185360999.png

Standard mode camber tolerance is +/- 0.50°

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Well you're looking at a 0.135° deviation assuming its complimentary. Hunter Hawkeye machines have a tight mode camber tolerance of +/- .25° I would say that unless you are noticing any measurable wear difference or steering behavior then you should consider yourself in spec.

tight mode tolerances: View attachment 185971

Standard mode camber tolerance is +/- 0.50°
Thanks for this. Previously with the SuperPro plates I was at -2.16° / -2.14° to I was hoping to get it pretty even.

Assuming the same goes with the caster +/- 0.50°, looks like front caster was 7.57° / 7.62° when I first got lowering springs installed.