GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Installed APR coils just for vanity
67DF24D3-CD2A-45F7-B0A2-F86F6A826D8B.jpeg
Finally got the AMS downpipe on the car.
F09C21D7-256B-40D1-BB07-B434B75C3196.jpeg

Got a P0420 CEL immediately after doing a test drive FML. I dont know how several peeps on the forum have reportedly gone without a CEL for years with AMS.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Poor-man's dynamic tail light retrofit on the 2015 Sportwagen (red LEDs help pull this off).

Working on a solution now for the resultant "bulb-out" error I get from the outer light because of the delay.

Update: One of those "bulb out canceler" load resistors (pictured below) solved the bulb-out problem. Just wired one end to the +12V wire; grounded the other end to body metal.

Last edited:

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Oettiger rep grill. Something doesn't look right though. Idk if I should paint the shroud night blue or just black everything out except the chrome strip below the red or leave as-is and somehow get my chrome vw logo back on..

Attachments

• IMG_20200903_225604.jpg
    IMG_20200903_225604.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20200903_230027.jpg
    IMG_20200903_230027.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 169
  • MVIMG_20200903_225623.jpg
    MVIMG_20200903_225623.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 171

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Poor-man's dynamic tail light retrofit on the 2015 Sportwagen (red LEDs help pull this off).

Working on a solution now for the resultant "bulb-out" error I get from the outer light because of the delay.

Update: One of those "bulb out canceler" load resistors (pictured below) solved the bulb-out problem. Just wired one end to the +12V wire; grounded the other end to body metal.
Looks good. I'm swapping to the Euro LED facelift sportwagen tails on my 17 and was looking to try and do something like this for them. I know CarSystems sells two adapters to make them "Semi" dynamic. I wonder if something like what you have would work. I've seen a few kits on Ali, but I'm all for the puzzle of piecing it together.

Care to share how you set it up?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Oettiger rep grill. Something doesn't look right though. Idk if I should paint the shroud night blue or just black everything out except the chrome strip below the red or leave as-is and somehow get my chrome vw logo back on..
i think i would try chrome logo first.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
I wonder if something like what you have would work. I've seen a few kits on Ali, but I'm all for the puzzle of piecing it together.

Care to share how you set it up?
Basically involves some time-delay relays (NE555).

I'd already drilled out the opening for the rear fog position on the inner (hatch) tail light section and installed red LEDs in all three positions (rear fog, inner tail, outer tail), and coded them to act in unison - so signaling or braking lit up those three lights.

Swapped wire positions of the rear fog and "regular" inner tail, then put one of those relays on the regular inner, another on the outer tail wire, set to light up just a bit later than the inner.

A few more details in this thread over at tdiclub; I might put together a more detailed how-to if anyone's interested.

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
OEM Euro short-shifter
Torque solutions shifter bushings
Removed delay valve from the bleeder block housing

Finally getting the manual transmission feeling "right". So far have the above, clutch stop, clutch assist spring removal, and weighted shift knob. Its a little ridiculous how much the stock shifting has to be modified to get it feeling right, but it feels so much better now.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Got some tint this afternoon and then made my twice-a-week stop.

20200904_173313.jpg

SuperPro rear sway bar showed up today, was going to install over the long weekend, but the friend I was going to work with was just informed one of his coworkers is showing COVID symptoms. So we'll call that off for a bit I suppose. Poor timing, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Its a little ridiculous how much the stock shifting has to be modified to get it feeling right, but it feels so much better now.

Lol agreed. I’m looking forward to getting the diesel geek sigma 6. Apparently it’s a front to back + side to side with included shifter bushings all for like 199 new.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Installed a set of Stoptech slotted rotors and some Powerstop Z23 pads up front. My plan is to eventually upgrade the calipers to something a bit better (TTS or Macan) but this setup will do for now.
5B54B278-F158-4A06-8185-040DAEC2EEAE.jpeg

A8C93FFD-EF04-4FB5-A893-C2552D4AE5A0.jpeg

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Just got my car back from getting wrapped and ceramic coated. The wrap material is Nardo Grey from Inozetek. Definitely worth the extra cost over the Avery material
20200905_164206.jpg

20200905_161114.jpg

20200905_174729.jpg

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
OEM Euro short-shifter
Torque solutions shifter bushings
Removed delay valve from the bleeder block housing

Finally getting the manual transmission feeling "right". So far have the above, clutch stop, clutch assist spring removal, and weighted shift knob. Its a little ridiculous how much the stock shifting has to be modified to get it feeling right, but it feels so much better now.

How difficult was removing the valve and getting everything bled?

JSil13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Washed and detailed it today. I've had it for almost a month now (2017 SE DSG with PP and LP) and I think I've cleaned it about 20 times. Black wasn't my first option, but when it's clean it really looks great. Also removed the snow guard today, and should have a new turbo inlet pipe and hose coming tomorrow.
IMG_0188.jpeg
IMG_0187.jpeg