GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Hmmm..I may have to try that. How well does it hold up? I don't want to have to reapply it over and over. Happen to have any pics of if on a car? Thanks!
Held up great while I had them. I also have vinyl on my Austin's and that is going on 3 years with no issues.
IMG_20180421_160807909.jpg

8T_BoCO

Passed Driver's Ed
35% ceramic tint on both wagons. Very pleased with the heat blocking performance.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I tell people all the time that tires, alignment and a RSB should be the first mods. They transform these cars.
3 checks(y) had to wear the OEM Conti's off first 😁

SirlinuX

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
After some thought I decided to purchase my lease and keeping it for a little longer. Since last week I have gone Stage 1 (Integrated Engineering), BEC EDs replicas, DC Springs and flush spacers. Clutch, RSB and wheels next. For now... I think it looks, runs and feel better than factory.
IMG_20200802_115722.jpg

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
A little late, but a few days ago I got my COBB AP in the mail. It was a really good investment. Getting my tune refined by stratified.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I got my car back......

Well i got it back a week ago.... After looking for the best shop i could.... I shopped around for a while.... I ended up taking it to the people that fixed my father's S4 a number of few years ago, as they did a really good job...

While I was at it, I had them do window tints, a paint correction and ceramic pro... (had the rear bumper repainted, and all the door dings removed as well)

So far, so good... I had enough time to look through everything... seems i got lucky, the worse they did to the body was a couple of scratches on the front bumper while handling it and a single tiny pinhole on the rear bumper......

Other than that my paint is pretty much perfect, they had a really nice painting set up... hell, brand new front bumper, zero lip scratches...

Thank god the reassembly was done decently too, as best as you can hope...

However they did scratch my steering wheel, they must have fitted something inside the car, but i cant find any other damage at least... in the headliner, hard plastics, anywhere... but they got the steering wheel really bad...

An alcantera wrap is on the way, should have done that ages ago.... The tint is 3M Crytalline CR40 all around except the windshield.

Golf R Front 1.jpeg

Golf R Front 2.jpeg

Golf R Rear.jpeg

Also got some juice for it.... such a fantastic car, seriously my dream car...... 2 months left on the warranty... if something is about to give, it would be nice if would do so now, other wise im goona start to mod it lol

Golf R Gas 2.jpeg

Golf R Gas 1.jpeg

Ohhh and I got a Dashcam for it... Blackvue 4K, really nice:

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 9.23.33 AM.jpeg

Hopefully I'll catch it on video next time...

Last edited:

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
I got my car back......

Well i got it back a week ago.... After looking for the best shop i could.... I shopped around for a while.... I ended up taking it to the people that fixed my father's S4 a number of few years ago, as they did a really good job...

While I was at it, I had them do window tints, a paint correction and ceramic pro... (had the rear bumper repainted, and all the door dings removed as well)

So far, so good... I had enough time to look through everything... seems i got lucky, the worse they did to the body was a couple of scratches on the front bumper while handling it and a single tiny pinhole on the rear bumper......

Other than that my paint is pretty much perfect, they had a really nice painting set up... hell, brand new front bumper, zero lip scratches...

Thank god the reassembly was done decently too, as best as you can hope...

However they did scratch my steering wheel, they must have fitted something inside the car, but i cant find any other damage at least... in the headliner, hard plastics, anywhere... but they got the steering wheel really bad...

An alcantera wrap is on the way, should have done that ages ago.... The tint is 3M Crytalline CR40 all around except the windshield.

View attachment 181544

View attachment 181545

View attachment 181546

Also got some juice for it.... such a fantastic car, seriously my dream car...... 2 months left on the warranty... if something is about to give, it would be nice if would do so now, other wise im goona start to mod it lol

View attachment 181547

View attachment 181548

Ohhh and I got a Dashcam for it... Blackvue 4K, really nice:

View attachment 181550

Hopefully I'll catch it on video next time...
Absolutely beautiful car. Looks amazing

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Held up great while I had them. I also have vinyl on my Austin's and that is going on 3 years with no issues.
View attachment 181351

At a quick glance, they look like the wheels on the 17 Sport, which is a good thing. Great looking OEM upgrade.