GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
no, I removed the harness from the factory seat and plugged that in, and put a resistor In the airbag clip. Keep in mind that changing the seat you are losing that airbag completely, no way around that.

Comfort is not bad, but stock seat is def. better in just she comfort Aspect, this just have much more solids bolsters and hold you better.

There are many fixes back option seats that are even lighter in the 15lbs range, but again sacrifice comfort.... the amount of driving you do I would not recommend these, the bolsters are pretty tight if you aren't a very small guy. (Think like Max 30-32” pants size,lol)

Wait, so even with everything hooked up properly you will lose driver/passenger airbags? I thought that could be avoided. That’s really unfortunate if so.

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
replaced MPSC2's with Pzero Corsa's.....

610A4202-2FE4-48B9-AA35-02A89B7353C2.jpeg
s-l1600.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Wait, so even with everything hooked up properly you will lose driver/passenger airbags? I thought that could be avoided. That’s really unfortunate if so.

I was very tempted until I saw that. Just too risky for safety and if there is an accident that the air bags would deploy your insurance company probably won't pay.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
^tell me more, please! I really like the clean matte look of the tires. Not too shiny or greasy.

HOw long does it last before the tires look dirty again? What about through rain?

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
^tell me more, please! I really like the clean matte look of the tires. Not too shiny or greasy.

HOw long does it last before the tires look dirty again? What about through rain?

It’s actually just bare tire, no dressing. Tarminator strips the tire well which is a good base for dressing. I’ll be using these on track so I didn’t want to use my normal street tire dressing. Looking around for an alternative that would act more like rubber care 🤙🏼

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got the new splitter installed today... maxton V2 that was on the car before died after about a year of being on the car when it fell off on the freeway a few weeks ago. To be noted it’s already been repaired 3x times before that incident also, looks great just not durable for a lowered car since it’s just thin vacuum formed plastic.

Went with the Dutch splitter cause I prefer the look of the thicker material profile, thing is very stout and I’m happy with the fit and final look.

** ignore the dirty rabbit aspect..ran out of sun light after I cleaned it up.
A4FDC0C0-66DB-4418-A960-10EC04A15030.jpeg
39568780-4BB3-44C2-BC7E-14CF9247E1B6.jpeg
2F2620FD-8EA0-479A-9517-7E3F7FB7DC8A.jpeg
3EF1D730-9EDA-4A55-9C6C-DE06B843F01B.jpeg
D09C2BD6-A9DD-4B59-A4AD-4BBC458E0F65.jpeg

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Got the new splitter installed today... maxton V2 that was on the car before died after about a year of being on the car when it fell off on the freeway a few weeks ago. To be noted it’s already been repaired 3x times before that incident also, looks great just not durable for a lowered car since it’s just thin vacuum formed plastic.

Went with the Dutch splitter cause I prefer the look of the thicker material profile, thing is very stout and I’m happy with the fit and final look.

** ignore the dirty rabbit aspect..ran out of sun light after I cleaned it up.
View attachment 179934View attachment 179935View attachment 179936View attachment 179937View attachment 179938
Nice that is probably the best looking splitter Ive seen for our cars, but that 2nd gen though. :p

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Just did my first at-home oil change on my Fraulein. Now enjoying an ice cold Troeg's Perpetual IPA, in the frosty A/C paradise that is my bachelor pad.

Got done at 11AM and was sweating buckets. Air temp is only 88F but my driveway measured 136.7F. Personal driveway heat record is 158.2F, set almost exactly one year ago. I don't know how you guys in Arizona do it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just did my first at-home oil change on my Fraulein. Now enjoying an ice cold Troeg's Perpetual IPA, in the frosty A/C paradise that is my bachelor pad.

Got done at 11AM and was sweating buckets. Air temp is only 88F but my driveway measured 136.7F. Personal driveway heat record is 158.2F, set almost exactly one year ago. I don't know how you guys in Arizona do it.

We stay indoors. 😁

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Nice that is probably the best looking splitter Ive seen for our cars, but that 2nd gen though. :p
It’s a 1970 rs too, 😩 just can’t get the motivation to work on it...too much fun tinkering with this one.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Saturday: 40k DSG oil change. Found a 25years old funnel in my basement and went with top fill. Just worked great.
3BA2C3F4-D1D3-4D6C-BF56-FB9436F85180.jpeg

PP diff oil change. Used aluminum foil to drain and an amazon pump to refill. Super easy.
B0231ABB-AF9D-4B5D-BE66-846629AA6ECD.jpeg

77F011EC-9074-4CDA-9623-D6E4DD858029.jpeg

3C3DC082-26DE-4617-9B67-0390159FF97D.jpeg

Last edited: