GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Jim not sure on weight specs exactly but I held a fluidampr and was surprised just how heavy. Back in my Honda days we would opt for a lightweight crank pully but I doesn’t make sense that the balanced weight would make the motor smoother at the more harsh rpm frequencies.

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
Got my Cobb stage 1 installed, must say what a difference of a ride night and day!! I truly believe these cars should've come like this from factory..

Attachments

• AAE1CEE0-1001-4720-884A-10E0F1D0A207.jpeg
    AAE1CEE0-1001-4720-884A-10E0F1D0A207.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 108

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Nice. I like my AP on my Golf-R as well.

Not today but over the weekend I took my Golf-R for a nice drive. Had a great time. My car developed a faint metal to metal clanking noise at very low speed over bumpy roads while coasting to a stop. Does not matter whether the brake is applied so it does not appear like it to be a loose brake pad issue.

I checked both front and rear endlink torque, various subframe bolt torque, no issue I could find.
I am going to check the front and rear tower bars later today or tomorrow. It's not a huge deal as there is no noise above 10-15mph and while driving.. The noise gets buried by gas sloshing in the tank at low speeds, to give one a reference on how loud the clanking is.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
0629201927.jpg

From Uni Stage 2 to stock for three days, to this earlier today.

Took it out for about 20 minutes but didn't go nuts. A lot of traffic around here between 5 and 8pm. But so far, yup... Much more punch than Uni down low. Spinning wheels where they never hath spun before. Waiting until after 10pm to really go for it (and take some logs) on the freeway.

I wonder what the E30 file will be like.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed some ebay paddle shifters. Fit and finish was surprisingly well. Definitely changed the cars look.
20200629_195853.jpg

Attachments

• 20200629_194048.jpg
    20200629_194048.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Installed Eurocode upper stress bar...no pics as I didn't remove the rain tray, but PERFECT fit and super easy to install.
Installed EQT's v1.04 for my protune....sheesh.....didn't think Ed could tweak it anymore...killer

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Since Ohio will drop the front license plate requirement tomorrow after 112 years, I took mine off this evening. It never bothered me too much aesthetically (especially compared to some other cars), but the car still looks cleaner without it. I'm patting myself on the back now for my homebrew no-drill mount that I put on when the car was new. Like it was never there...

20200630_194434~01.jpg
20200630_194936~01.jpg
20200630_195817~01.jpg
20200630_195358~01.jpg

Earlier, since I hadn't driven the poor thing more than 300 miles since March due to working from home, I took the long way back from lunch to warm it up, then get in ~30 minutes above 3k RPM and a few near-redline pulls. Should have cooked out the moisture, and maybe some carbon too. Can't have hurt, anyway!

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Low profile rear headrests.

Before:

After:
I'm hoping to change those out myself for my R. I Guess they don't trust us in Canada 🇨🇦 to raise them when we have rear passengers like the ROW.:D

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Just curious, why did the state drop the front license plate requirement?

Cost savings was part of it, also car dealers pushed for it (I think it will help with trades with dealers in neighboring states, which don't have front plates). Police were opposed to it, for criminal identification reasons. I'm not taking a political stand on it, but all else being equal I prefer the clean front bumper!

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Firestone Indy 500
188976FD-DD0F-4E53-8586-DCC1B415C87D.jpeg

Got rid of my factory tires (potenzas) and got these bad boi’s bc of the price n great reviews. I hope they break in well giving me more grip on the turns. Ppl say these are loud n I dont find them loud at all. They also ride super good, bumps are absorbed much better

Anyone know how long these tires could last? I dont track or go crazy. However, I do step on it occasionally bc why not its FUN!(6MT over here)

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R