GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
People on here don't like him for some reason.
I kind of like him, just saw a good one about electronic vs manual throttle bodies and why it causes rev hang in a manual trans.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Installed my new Cold Air Intake(y)
20200625_204731.jpg

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I kind of like him, just saw a good one about electronic vs manual throttle bodies and why it causes rev hang in a manual trans.
I saw that too. Kind of a bummer actually, because I was hoping the rev hang would be gone with a single mass flywheel swap.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Earlier, I flashed from Unitronic Stage 2 back to stock in preparation for switching to EQT stage 2. But, UPS which originally said delivery would be today just sent an Email with a new delivery date of Monday. MotherF**kers. I paid for 2 day shipping and they received the package on Wednesday.

In any event, just for fun I took the now stock ECU out for a rip to remind myself of the difference as it's been a long time since I drove it in stock config.

Maybe it's just me but I swear the throttle response is better now, especially way down low, like from a stop and under 45 mph. The revs seem to rise more quickly now vs with the tune on.

Weird stuff. Interested to see the difference of EQT vs Uni.

Last edited:

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Finally got around to installing my folding mirrors from DAP and doing the requisite VCDS coding. In the spirt of "while I'm in there" I also installed dynamic turn signals. Really like the blacked out look when they aren't on. I used Humble Mechanic's instructions and everything worked perfectly. Trim tools from HF really made it easy.

9C304312-ECAF-4FDF-9B34-C86F8DA7104B.jpeg

Here's a video of me in awe of the folding mirrors.

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Installed this new Raceseng shift knob and boot collar a couple days ago. Not sure if I like it yet, I'm very picky about shift knobs but it definitely looks great!
That looks really good. Did they recently came out with that? I didn't see that style when I bought mine a year ago.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Just got my Cobb AP and installed the EQT stage 1. Went for a quick drive and got on it a bit (after the oil got to temp of course) Holy cow:D (y)

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
That looks really good. Did they recently came out with that? I didn't see that style when I bought mine a year ago.
Yes it is relatively new. They launched preorders back in December, they had a couple different shapes with either smooth or perforated leather or alcantara. Mine took longer because it was a special order, I wanted gloss black instead of the default matte black and their powder coating was super behind due to Covid.