GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mike G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7/E28/JLU
40D68A9E-453E-4C22-B79A-9659DCBABA6E.jpeg

Took a lil pic while hanging with my son and showing him how the ceramic coating works!!

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Are the dials for the fan speed etc stock on a 19? They look nice.
I actually ordered them from ECS when they were on sale a while back. I like the smooth aluminum look. They had silver and black too. Nice little additions. I was surprised about the quality of them when I received them.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Looks real nice, I just installed my new Raceseng knob, love the weight and the way it looks but I'm not sold on the ergonomics of it.

I've been very picky with shift knobs after I grew tired of the stock one. Went through BFI, and now two different Raceseng knobs. May give Sport Shifters a try after a while.
Thanks, I never tried BFI or Raceseng. I haven’t driven much with it yet but it feels great. This alongside the euro short throw has made for a nice feel. The alcantara also adds a nice touch while shifting.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I have the red ones, maybe its just me but sometimes they dont sit perfect on the little arrows, easy to move it and get it to line up but just an fyi
Hmm. Never really noticed that. However, I did notice they were a pretty tight fit in my case when I first installed them.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Received my new shift knob from Sportshifters today. Took it straight from the UPS guy to my garage and proceeded to maul the stock one so I could get this bad boy on.

Looks great. And I don't see a huge obnoxious mf'r name or logo on it (looking at you, Boomba Racing) which makes it 10/10.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I'll bite. Why?

Main reason is I’ve started tracking the car more and want to learn how to drive the car at lower power levels as I feel like having more power tends to masks errors. Positive side effects of that is that lower temps & less brake wear. It is routinely 100+ at the track closest to me so the car needs all the help it can get (already have FMIC). Luckily if I ever want to retune with APR, it is free, so if I decide I want the power again it isn’t a problem. Honestly if I do retune though I think I’ll go IS38 or EQT Vortex. Kinda at a crossroads of whether to sell the car and buy an M2 or keep it and go full send.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Installed an H&R 24mm RSB and Moog end links. Pretty easy install. I even replaced the nuts and bolts as they are supposed to be one time use. Really like the grease-able booted end links. Much lower maintenance than some of the other open bearing links I saw. Took it for a quick drive and definitely notice the decreased understeer. I’ll need to take it for a proper shakedown.
A501126E-D7DC-40DE-89CC-4B988E62AFA0.jpeg

BC7841C4-7655-44C0-9A77-EFB5C11887D5.jpeg

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Thanks, I never tried BFI or Raceseng. I haven’t driven much with it yet but it feels great. This alongside the euro short throw has made for a nice feel. The alcantara also adds a nice touch while shifting.

If it helps, I quite like the boomba knob I put on not long ago. I bought it specifically just to replace bfi knob ASAP with something that wouldn't get super hot with car in sun for 8 hours. It definitely stays non-hot and as a bonus the extra heft feels nice whilst rowing.