GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Installed the Neuspeed 25mm RSB today. I did back to back test drives including around some traffic circles before and after. Noticeable difference in turns while still on stock springs, with only a slightly noticeable difference in ride over train tracks and the like. It helped the balance front to rear in terms of reducing understeer, but made a noticeable body roll difference between front and rear also. I'm intentionally installing components one at a time to get a feel for the difference each item makes, especially since I don't have a lot of seat time in this car. I'll install the springs next, which will hopefully reduce the body roll difference front to rear, while maintaining the reduced understeer.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Finally got around to putting my summer wheels and tires on. Luckily, I noticed I had picked up a nail in one and got it patched before mounting it. Definitely turned a 30 minute job into a 2hr errand though.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Well 6 hours later the new motor is in and I've started hooking everything back up! Did it without removing the core support as planned! The only hurdles we faced were the VWR torque arm couldn't be removed due to a seized bolt and the turbo oil/coolant lines were pretty stuck in the block. It may fire up tonight.

Nice delivery Dr.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Yep, tough cost to swallow - as was the spare tire kit. But the way I look at it, we pay SO much less and get SO much more car than the rest of the world (Canada even better off given the exchange rate) that I don't mind paying some cash to add missing euro bits. Still far, far ahead in the value game compared to euro/ROW pricing.

e-acca is about the best deal around. Ebay deals can turn up for less, but they can be sketchy too. Or have ridiculous shipping costs.

This is how I justify the money I spend on my Alltrack. I’m going for an OEM+ R Estate build, and I can literally dump 15K into my Alltrack before I’ve reached Golf R value. Only, by time I’ve put that much into it, I’ll have a car that’s 1.5X as capable as an R.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Swapped the half belly pan out for a full sized one. Didn't like the idea having a plastic oil pan completely exposed. View attachment 176065

I've been using this oil pan for 3 years. It's great but doesn't add much protection. The kevlar one is where it's at. I just like it cause it keeps the engine bay clean lol.

ShaZam

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I've been using this oil pan for 3 years. It's great but doesn't add much protection. The kevlar one is where it's at. I just like it cause it keeps the engine bay clean lol.

Oh for sure, bummer I couldn't find one that was a reasonable price. This is my "good enough" solution and figure it'll atleast protect against some road debris.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I traded it in! I'll have details and pics later today after all the signing. To quote a fellow forum member, "something wicked this way comes!"

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I traded it in! I'll have details and pics later today after all the signing. To quote a fellow forum member, "something wicked this way comes!"
Shoulda got a _________

;)

Looking forward to pics

my guess Dodge Challenger of some variant of excess.

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Added 034 lower and upper dogbone inserts yesterday. Nice reduction in wheel hop and perceived driveline lash.

NVH is up a bit, but not too bad.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
RS3 has my money

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'll give you a hint, it is a Volkswagen.