GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Well today the 1.8 in my Golf finally checked out. Went to NGP to have it dyno'd to solve the stumble. It through several misfires on cylinder 4, then on liftoff a plume of oil came out the back. Cylinder 4 only has 55psi. 81,700 miles, she had a good life. Unfortunately that means I lost the 100,000 mile bet with my dad haha.

Nice looking machine. LS swap time?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Well today the 1.8 in my Golf finally checked out. Went to NGP to have it dyno'd to solve the stumble. It threw several misfires on cylinder 4, then on liftoff a plume of oil came out the back. Cylinder 4 only has 55psi. 81,700 miles, she had a good life. Unfortunately that means I lost the 100,000 mile bet with my dad haha.

Damn. Really liked this Golf. Swap a 2.0?

Navi

Autocross Champion
Well today the 1.8 in my Golf finally checked out. Went to NGP to have it dyno'd to solve the stumble. It threw several misfires on cylinder 4, then on liftoff a plume of oil came out the back. Cylinder 4 only has 55psi. 81,700 miles, she had a good life. Unfortunately that means I lost the 100,000 mile bet with my dad haha.

at least it looks super nice. Dibs on brakes

:)

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
We decided to see if the car could make the 25 mile drive to my buddy Arno's place. It made the short trek without issue. After that it was decided I had to attempt the trip home. Around 1:30AM under the cover of darkness on 3 cylinders sounding like a Subaru with a header the mighty little 1.8 rumbled into my garage! It was definitely down on power, but the only driveability issue it had was getting moving from a stop. You have to love VW engineering, I drove 126 miles on 3 cylinders with an average speed of 57mph and the car never missed a beat. It definitely deserves this teardown and rebuild! It'll be back before the season is over!

Always loved how clean the Injen Evolution intake looks in the engine bay. PS, a VW centercap fits perfectly over the cheesy "filter meter."

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
We decided to see if the car could make the 25 mile drive to my buddy Arno's place. It made the short trek without issue. After that it was decided I had to attempt the trip home. Around 1:30AM under the cover of darkness on 3 cylinders sounding like a Subaru with a header the mighty little 1.8 rumbled into my garage! It was definitely down on power, but the only driveability issue it had was getting moving from a stop. You have to love VW engineering, I drove 126 miles on 3 cylinders with an average speed of 57mph and the car never missed a beat. It definitely deserves this teardown and rebuild! It'll be back before the season is over!

I love your spirit of resilience. Best of luck in getting this beautiful car back on the road!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
1. Changed plugs from stock to Brisk ER12S. Immediately smoothed out the idle (not that it was rough, but made it even smoother).
2. Removed the Unitronic stage 2 ECU tune. Installed my newly acquired AC and flashed EQT stage 2. Ran into an error during the flash: Unable to verify flash block in ECU. Sent the AC into recovery model. It recovered fine. Went to check the tune intalled: EQT stage 2. What gives?

Will test it out when I go to get takeout sushi tonight. What I can tell right away is that the exhaust sounds burblier in idle.

Tim92

Got to put my new wheels on yesterday 💪🏽

Attachments

• 620FA9C5-6A99-4820-8D18-C2B91459B904.jpeg
    620FA9C5-6A99-4820-8D18-C2B91459B904.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 140
  • 02F83E17-6F87-4353-9BDD-8B71472BA81A.jpeg
    02F83E17-6F87-4353-9BDD-8B71472BA81A.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 141
  • FE3667FF-E57E-431D-A7E3-E3079FD68A0E.jpeg
    FE3667FF-E57E-431D-A7E3-E3079FD68A0E.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 144