GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
This is what I tried to work with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CIRINJ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , maybe im just doing it wrong, i have a heat gun, i have exacto knife, i have what i need but this stuff is impossible to work with. I want both stripes chrome, tried to cut it and get it perfect to cover all the red and its not easy, the vinyl has sticky on the bottom and it doesn't wanna go up in the crack of the grill, such a mess

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
1. mk7, pin striping is available in various widths try amazon

2. Quail, What is a Golf R glove box?

and another installment of nothing interesting I had another 400 mile tank new gas price of $2.05. Still on my snow's hopefully next wknd those will get taken off. The forecast say's yes my schedule says maybe.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
1. mk7, pin striping is available in various widths try amazon

2. Quail, What is a Golf R glove box?

and another installment of nothing interesting I had another 400 mile tank new gas price of $2.05. Still on my snow's hopefully next wknd those will get taken off. The forecast say's yes my schedule says maybe.
yes im going to try autozone shortly, amazon wait times are pretty bad at the moment.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
407 miles 12.6 Gal = 32.3

car readout and math agreed. it was on 0 range for about 10 miles....I wasn't super nervous cause I've been lower on the gauge before but I doubt I would make it to work the next day if I didn't buy it.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
407 miles 12.6 Gal = 32.3

car readout and math agreed. it was on 0 range for about 10 miles....I wasn't super nervous cause I've been lower on the gauge before but I doubt I would make it to work the next day if I didn't buy it.
internet says gti is 13.2 gallons

so 30.83 ?
Oh no what have i done... i should never have brought this up haha

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Looks amazing! What springs (shocks too?) and spacers are you sitting on?
Thank you,

Springs are spulen comp springs, struts are still stock going to upgrade to probably B8s within the next few thousand miles.

Spacers right now are 15mm up front and 20mm in the back, with 235/40/18 PS4s

When I was still on the stock rubber I had 20mm up from and 25mm in the rear but with the larger size PS4s they where making very aggressive contact with the fenders front n back.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I went 407 miles it took 12.6 gallons = 32.3

and it wasn't easy...all commuting speed except for one 10 mile loop of the Durham Ring

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Polish_20200327_090310810.jpg

Edit: accidentally uploaded the 4meg original photo. Replaced with much smaller jpeg.

Part 5 (Thursday)

Install flywheel. Place clutch on alignment tool and quadruple ocd check it's facing the right way.

Install pressure plate but first have a mini rage episode when I realize I don't have a 9mm 12point socket which I was previously certain I did. Use 9mm ratchet wrench instead while guesstimating what 15 lbft of torque feels like.

Clean all the baked on dust out of inside of tranny case and install new throw out bearing.

The above only took an hour. The next big step is lifting the case back into place. Decided I'm too tired and instead cleaned up the mess I've made so far.

Taking today off from garage to put in extra time at work. Will resume tomorrow.

Last edited: