GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
0322201911.jpg

Started on clutch, flywheel and rms replacement. Decided not to go nuts and just spend 2 hours per day until it's done. Until quarantine is over, I don't need it.

Last night was the start. Remove airbox, battery and tray, disconnect and remove shift linkages, disconnect starter, support engine and remove trans mount bolts, remove the top trans housing bolts, etc etc. Basically everything that you can do from the top.

After I'm done working around 4, I'll raise it up and start on the next section from below.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^Nice! See..I wish I had something to install on my car during this wait.....

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I have a bunch to do on my car (brakes all around, oil change, mirror cap, new tires, spring detail etc) but I have to work from home still so I can't do it during the day. By the time i finish with work I have no motivation to get out of my sweats and into the garage lol

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Troubleshoot my NVH while changing DSG fluid. Stage 2 BFI mounts progressively seemed to be getting worse rather than better. This may be the cause lol...
18CCA449-C4C0-42A0-9B0A-AF7B2CD2B3B3.jpeg
ACD0AE4C-E0D9-4A39-A2FE-12A53DA6BD2E.jpeg

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Filled out my tire rebate fourm, yes give me my money back haha, yesterday I installed the "eyelids" on headlights. I like them, cheap and put on with m3 tape so it will stick. I think it makes the front look more aggressive. Getting bored with quarentine and having to be home constantly. Order chrome vinyl to wrap the redstrip in the grill pictured below, hopefully it will turn out good when amazon prime delivers (next saturday) also pictured is maybe a better pic of the maxton designs splitter me and my buddy did on sat night, cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Looks good !

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Changed the oil on my wife's Beetle inside the garage. I fucking love the oil extractor I got from ECS.

Also installed a brand new 8" faux cf bezel for my 8" matte screen. Got it from the dealer because I wanted a brand new spotless one. Now selling the one I had on before in the "interior parts for sale" section.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Changed the oil on my wife's Beetle inside the garage. I fucking love the oil extractor I got from ECS.

Also installed a brand new 8" faux cf bezel for my 8" matte screen. Got it from the dealer because I wanted a brand new spotless one. Now selling the one I had on before in the "interior parts for sale" section.
Right there with you. The ecs extractor is a godsend. Have had it for about 10 years.

Chris_Bob

Ready to race!
Did a Haldex service @ 29722 miles, 1.5 years on GSW4MO. Went very smoothly. Fluid was green with lots of black "dust". Screen wasn't clogged at all but quite dirty especially between the screen and pump. Used about .9L of fluid and all new bolts and o-rings. VW says this is a 3 year service but includes it in the 30K column with an asterisk. From the look of the fluid and the contaminants on the screen, I will be doing this at least every 30K. I sent a sample off for testing. It will be interesting to see what they say and what the next change looks like.

I couldn't get VCDS with HEX+CAN to perform an output test though. I just ripped it around the block a few times making sure to fully engage the Haldex and then topped it off. I thought it was posible to activate the Haldex pump with VCDS and it probably is but either my cable doesn't allow for that or I just don't know how to do it.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
0324200913.jpg

Part 2 last night.
Car lifted, wheels off, suspension disconnected and axles pulled. May go back and just take the front control arms off to install new bushings, but I forgot to get a press to help with that.

Starter removed. All various cables, hoses, and so forth that could get in the way fixed out of place.

Later today will hopefully end with the tranny out. I'm trying to stick to my ~2 hours a day rule.

Edit: So far the only thing I've broken or damaged is the little plastic clip that covers the engine lift hook on the trans side. Oh and I smoked (literally it made smoke) my cheap Harbor freight electric impact driver early on loosening the lug nuts.

Last edited: