GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Okay, somewhat unrelated but I figured y’all would get a kick. My gym is closed and I don’t have any weights at home, but luckily I have some nice ~23lb rotors hanging around. Makes for some good weighed pushups, curls, rows, shoulders, all sorts of stuff!

View attachment 167887
after 20 reps you're gonna regret not getting drilled & slotted rotors.

;)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Do drilled rotors crack if you curl them?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
How much weight does that stuff add?
About .7 lb per sqft. I’ve done similar to my car, I estimate I added about 30 lb of vibration damper and MLV. Certainly makes everything a little quieter, which I like.

I'd ballpark about 10-15lbs, I used 6 of 9 sheets in the 36 sq ft package, so 24 sq ft.

Do you know of any website or thread that shows how to remove the panels off those interior wheel wells? I added noico and an insulator on the trunk and spare tire area but I had a hard time removing the wheel well panels. Google didn't seem to help me.

Somewhere on this site I found a dropbox link to take the trunk apart, it was the service manual. The cargo tie downs have a triple square fastener you have to remove, and the seats have to come out too. There's a dropbox link here somewhere to the document, or dm me if you can't find it and I'll try to email the file from my phone. If you don't have one yet, I'd reccomend getting a set of nylon, non marring panel poppers so you don't break your stuff.

What exhaust setup do you currently have? how is the review of this sound insulation or whatever

Rampage Fabrication built me a 3.5 in turbo back. There's a large vibrant muffler and a quarter wave tube that make it dailyable. There's a secondary resonance at 4k we're gonna tackle when Rampage gets some spare time, but it's astonishingly quiet. I haven't really had occasion to drive it since the install of the insulation, been off work all week.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Installed the first revision protune from Stratified. Holy throttle response and overrun. Can't wait to dial this in (y)

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
What exhaust setup do you currently have? how is the review of this sound insulation or whatever
Ok, after a quick drive to the store, it's pretty noticeable how much less noise intrusion there is in the cabin. All noise, not just exhaust. Its no 5 series or S class, but for a little kraut cannon, it's pretty quiet inside now.

Chris_Bob

Ready to race!
The Most Subtle of Subtle Mods

I installed a body color matched badge inlay to the steering wheel badge.

So, subtle no one will ever see it (Midnight Blue instead of black) except the driver and even then only if the light is right, they are looking for it, and know it is there. Why? Because I had a $10 coupon it was free plus shipping. But also, I got the front and rear exterior badge inlays. It is something you can't put your finger on when you look at the car but adds to the overall look. Notice the blue reflection on the outer chrome ring. I will wait until it's a bit warmer out before I install the exterior badges.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
took the long twisty back way home yesterday. First time in a few weeks because I tried to twist my hand off recently using a drill and a 6' flex drill bit.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
The Most Subtle of Subtle Mods

I installed a body color matched badge inlay to the steering wheel badge.

So, subtle no one will ever see it (Midnight Blue instead of black) except the driver and even then only if the light is right, they are looking for it, and know it is there. Why? Because I had a $10 coupon it was free plus shipping. But also, I got the front and rear exterior badge inlays. It is something you can't put your finger on when you look at the car but adds to the overall look. Notice the blue reflection on the outer chrome ring. I will wait until it's a bit warmer out before I install the exterior badges.
I dig it. Is the decal from Klii? I just put the GTD plaid on my steering wheel for the GLI.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Installed the dieselgeek sigma 6.

I had been real happy with my previous setup consisting of the OEM Audi short shifter, metal side to side bracket, super slider, and solid end link bushings. BUT, last week the stock front to back plastic end link completely broke and left me stranded on the highway. I do not want to be in that position again.

Initial impressions are that the shorter throws and more positive engagements are definitely fun, but it is not nearly as buttery smooth as my previous setup. I'll give it a week or so to break in and see if I stick with it or try something else.

IMG_20200319_155009.jpg

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Aliexpress battery cover and GTD steering wheel insert from Klii. Both fit absolutely perfect. Since the battery cover was held in customs for almost 2 months, I figure any Modelo had time to die.
20200319_164819.jpg
20200319_175744.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Installed spacers, now my car shakes above 50mph...fail