GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I don't think so... My commute is 20 miles round trip down a two lane highway @65 MPH. It's busy, so no sense in driving like an ass. I probably take off from lights and stop signs quicker than I normally would with the tune and if I'm on a well paved highway, I'll take the opportunity to run out 3rd and 4th when I can. EPA estimates 28 MPG so I'm happy I'm still getting that with the tune and occasional hooning.

Alright, makes me feel fine about my MPG running an E20 blend with a relatively heavy foot.

scasey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
You need to either have a dealership or shop that has access to ODIS to code the cluster to your car. During that process, they will remove component protection, immobilizer, sync your keys, etc.

You can read more on it here:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...rofit-Guide-for-Golf-Alltrack#/topics/9233891
The dealership by me won't do this, and think I am crazy to even ask. I really want to do this, but I called two other places that are certified VW service shops and they also think it's weird I am asking this. Oh well, guess it is not in the cards for me. :(

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Installed my dash cam tonight. I noticed while I had my flash light pointed at the headliner that it sparkles. Did anyone else know the headliner sparkles??

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Not necessarily what I did, but what I'm working on. The goal is to use the skeleton of these dsg paddles and bond an exotic hardwood to them. Currently filling with resin to have a larger area to bond to. New shape is TBD, but I'm leaning towards amboyna burl for the wood. Carbon fiber of course would be much easier. We'll see how this goes.

I have over a decade of experience making straight razor scales (handles) for restorations. This should actually be easier to be honest.

If I do end up making these, I can do carbon, wood, kevlar, micarta, the sky is the limit.
20200214_163143.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wasn't today, but last weekend I got my boost gauge installed. Talking about being nervous, there is just something wrong about driving a nail into a plastic intake. Install went smooth though. With wiring and modifications took about 6 hours, but I was being super cautious. I want to give a shout out to uniwerks. That's where I got my vent guage thing from. Good quality and fit like a charm. Also, one of the switches I hooked to what would be the headlight input of the guage. Now with a flip of a switch I can have red or blue guage. 20200209_153539.jpg20200209_153553.jpg20200209_153602.jpg20200209_153635.jpg20200209_165608.jpg20200209_170112.jpg20200209_203437.jpg20200209_203442.jpg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Wasn't today, but last weekend I got my boost gauge installed. Talking about being nervous, there is just something wrong about driving a nail into a plastic intake. Install went smooth though. With wiring and modifications took about 6 hours, but I was being super cautious. I want to give a shout out to uniwerks. That's where I got my vent guage thing from. Good quality and fit like a charm. Also, one of the switches I hooked to what would be the headlight input of the guage. Now with a flip of a switch I can have red or blue guage. View attachment 165516View attachment 165517View attachment 165518View attachment 165519View attachment 165520View attachment 165521View attachment 165522View attachment 165523

I thought I'm cautious during installs. It took me much less than 6 hours to install a boost gauge.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Got wireless CarPlay working. See my dedicated thread for more.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
H&R Sport springs installed.

received_614577876023370.jpeg
IMG_20200214_183241_458.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I thought I'm cautious during installs. It took me much less than 6 hours to install a boost gauge.
The wire routing and hiding was the longest part. I'm OCD on not seeing any wiring in the cabin, so I probably removed more panels than I needed. This time also included the warm up time to install the ecs boost tap. While it was warming up, I installed the front mud flaps and the eyebrows. I'll install the rear once the weather warms up .

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The wire routing and hiding was the longest part. I'm OCD on not seeing any wiring in the cabin, so I probably removed more panels than I needed. This time also included the warm up time to install the ecs boost tap. While it was warming up, I installed the front mud flaps and the eyebrows. I'll install the rear once the weather warms up .

I feel you, man, I'm the same way. I hate wires that I can see.
I think I'll get the mudflaps you got. They don't stick out a whole lot, right?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I feel you, man, I'm the same way. I hate wires that I can see.
I think I'll get the mudflaps you got. They don't stick out a whole lot, right?
Not much at all. OEM looking for sure. Really digging them.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

Attachments

• 20200203_153249.jpg
    20200203_153249.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121