Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Uploaded EQT tune....logged and sent back for revision 2 :D

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
In theory, how? One day you get a CEL and you're misfiring? What are the signs?

Good point. You won't know. But if you're tuned you'll notice a difference if you change plugs after 15 to 20K miles. Smoother running even when there wasn't any misfiring or reduced fuel mileage.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Good point. You won't know. But if you're tuned you'll notice a difference if you change plugs after 15 to 20K miles. Smoother running even when there wasn't any misfiring or reduced fuel mileage.
Hm I have a unitronic stage 2 tune and I have noticed my average MPG has been 3-4 MPG less than average. Plus have 10kish miles on them. Could be the crackle tune tho.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hm I have a unitronic stage 2 tune and I have noticed my average MPG has been 3-4 MPG less than average. Plus have 10kish miles on them. Could be the crackle tune tho.

Most likely the tune. Or you're driving it harder since the tune.

toMsons

I did some fun alterations with my OBD11 device, since I just bought my R this week. Things like locking your car when the car is on, that is necessity if you ask me! But then stupid things like window control from your remote, alternating turn signals, not a necessity, lol.. Just fun tinkering so far!

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a heavy foot?
I don't think so... My commute is 20 miles round trip down a two lane highway @65 MPH. It's busy, so no sense in driving like an ass. I probably take off from lights and stop signs quicker than I normally would with the tune and if I'm on a well paved highway, I'll take the opportunity to run out 3rd and 4th when I can. EPA estimates 28 MPG so I'm happy I'm still getting that with the tune and occasional hooning.