GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So I got my vent mounted boost gauge installed and operational. With one of the two switches provided I made it to where I can swap between red or blue. Shout out to uniwerks for the vent mount. Works great and fits well.

Attachments

• 20200209_170112.jpg
    20200209_170112.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 147
  • 20200209_203437.jpg
    20200209_203437.jpg
    598.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 20200209_203442.jpg
    20200209_203442.jpg
    764.2 KB · Views: 128

VW Vroom

Passed Driver's Ed
I replaced the the drain tube in the hatch. The grommet had completely disintegrated so it was draining into the car. Part number 510 827 861A (I drive a '15 GTI SE). Taking out and putting back in the trim I used a shopDAP video, those noises though...felt like I was breaking everything...but nothing broke. Phew.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Finished up my complete shift upgrade. One of the first things I did when I bought the car was to remove the clutch delay and add the SS braided clutch line. I finally got around to getting the rest of the pieces to remove the shift slop and shorten up the throw. I ended up using the ECS shift kit which works well and comes with good instructions. I had to move the forward/back pin on the short shift assembly a couple of times to find the right throw for me, but all in all, a pretty straight forward install. I finished off with a SportShifters.com weighted shifter.

Have not used it a lot so far, initial indications are crisp and short throws of the shifter. As most experience after a similar install, it is a little stiff as the parts start mating together. Will have to see after a couple hundred miles if it gets a little smoother.

Attachments

• Short shift.jpg
    Short shift.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 140

Dannykarim17

hi guys. I need some help please. I need a mk7.5 gtd bumper with headlight wash, radar hole and sensors. I also need 7.5 wings too. I’m struggling to find good ones for a good price. If anyone can send me a link that would be appreciated thanks !

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I replaced the the drain tube in the hatch. The grommet had completely disintegrated so it was draining into the car. Part number 510 827 861A (I drive a '15 GTI SE). Taking out and putting back in the trim I used a shopDAP video, those noises though...felt like I was breaking everything...but nothing broke. Phew.
Happened to me on my previous car. On my current one I put black silicone sealant around the grommet. Hope it prevents the same problem. Huge PITA to fix this.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
RSR Hybrid :cool:

Install wasn't that bad. A few issues managing the axles, buy overall a good day's work.

Initial impressions are it is expectedly stiffer, but I was surprised how much shorter the pedal travel is.

IMG_20200210_133611.jpg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Had to replace satin chrome trim around shifter. Chrome peeled off from my NA GTI. Received AE vagbase part for 22€ today. Fits perfect, chrome finish perfect, minimal color difference to chrome on cubby but no brainer for me.
7F5D493A-63E0-41EB-93BF-8ED1A5FF5AD9.jpeg

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Not when or if it changed for MK7s/MK7.5s. Certainly 40k for 7.5s