GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Wash, clay, rinse, seal, swapped to winter wheels. Bring on the snow!

Hey, where did you get those wheels?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
(yesterday) Applied second coat of Hydrosilex to the paint, and 1st coat to the wheels. Curious to see how well it repels brake dust and dirt on them. Also polished the exhaust tips with Chemical Guys' Heavy Metal polish. That's not a plug for their products, as I generally feel they're mostly over-marketed and mostly probably the same thing with different labels and scents. Just happened to have bought it q few years ago and haven't run out yet.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Just a car wash, but it was in the rain. Gotta be clean for Fixxfest though.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Installed a Rev9 exhaust to go with the DP that went on last week. Life with the stock exhaust and a dp wasn't worth living - so unbelievably loud.

So the Rev9 went in, but I ended up with a hilarious hodgepodge of clamps, pipe pieces and liberally slathered permatex sealer to get from the depo racing downpipe to the start of the cat back without (massive) leaks.

There's a well rated shop next to my office and I'm going to have them chop out the 18" of nonsense and weld in a straight section and maybe also swap the rev9 res for the vibrant. Haven't decided.

Even as is, it's a massive improvement. I was literally embarrassed to go above 2300 rpm except on the freeway.

Also flashed to stage 1+ and will try stage 2 this weekend.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Put a deposit on one of the last 2019 Alltrack SELs in White with Marakesh interior.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Oil change today after two track days, used Castrol Pro OE 5w 40.

Couple pics from last weekend at Auto Club Speedway. Need more brake torque, the EBC yellow all around don’t have enough bite.

My handle was changed from @Autobahn to my MKV forum handle with the forum migration, need to get that fixed:

E60CC1E3-581D-4926-9ACD-EDBAA6955DDA.jpeg

95F3BBD5-5222-4DA4-9251-C48AC19E7045.jpeg

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Friday night, flashed to stage 2.
Today, installing innovate ethanol sensor and Guage.

Between that and all the new exhaust bits, it's been a busy week. A year ago I did stage 1, full suspension, mounts, IC, SSK, tranny and diff svc, and everything else in a < 2 month span.

Now that this flurry is almost over, I don't know what more to do that isn't pointless. Maybe stick a camera in and do a walnut blast if needed? Powerflex bushings?

The doing is as satisfying as the having.

Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Had a defect on the wheel cover I sewed up a week ago so re-did one today.
9A10CC6E-2007-460D-9999-365A26385A8E.jpeg

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
CTS downpipe. Had a bit of a time getting the OEM one out following the instructions.

Found out the instructions were for non-pp non LSD. All worked out in the end. Now I need a new tune yo.