GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
I removed the outboard rear seat headrests. Now I can see out my rear view mirror.

I don't see why the N.A. Golf and GTI don't have the same headrests as the European cars.

Now will be looking into fitting a set of euro headrests.
This was way easy to remove the US rests.

I was looking to see if I could find 2 of the same style as the middle headrest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Toilet.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Finally got around to getting my TTS calipers and ECS rotors installed. I'm super happy with the brake feel now.

slide13

Ready to race!
Took the GTI in for an exterior detail today. Over the winter I got a nice door ding that consisted of both a dent and a paint chip. Went through the dealer for paintless dent repair and a little touch up and while the dent repair came out nicely the paint fix was mediocre and they left some big swirl marks that I didn't notice until a month or so later (it was winter, hard to see them unless it's very sunny).

Took it to a detail guy I'd used in the past who does great work and works on many high cars and collections. For $150 he redid the touch up paint, polished out all the swirl marks, and gave it a full hand wash and exterior detail. Picked it up looking better than the day I drove it off the dealer lot. Money well spent.

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
Took the GTI in for an exterior detail today. Over the winter I got a nice door ding that consisted of both a dent and a paint chip. Went through the dealer for paintless dent repair and a little touch up and while the dent repair came out nicely the paint fix was mediocre and they left some big swirl marks that I didn't notice until a month or so later (it was winter, hard to see them unless it's very sunny).

Took it to a detail guy I'd used in the past who does great work and works on many high cars and collections. For $150 he redid the touch up paint, polished out all the swirl marks, and gave it a full hand wash and exterior detail. Picked it up looking better than the day I drove it off the dealer lot. Money well spent.

That does sound like money well spent! I need to find someone in my area to touch up scratches and blemishes in the paint.

Those are holding me back from doing some sort of paint sealant.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
How much did that put you out? I'd love some bigger brakes on my non-PP
Im in for about $1400USD in total. You could probably get the same parts but with 1 piece rotors instead for around $1000

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Got my RS3 brake ducts installed and dust shields removed. Just about ready for superlap on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
Installed the VW European aspherical mirrors and some generic front mudflaps I got from Amazon.

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
Wiper delete, "Kill your wipers" version. Wanted the flush mount plug but didn't think about it till after installed, some clown walking by my car could just push it in with their thumb.
I did put some extra epoxy around the edge inside to help hold it in place.
Wiper Delete.JPG