GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Finally finished installing this today. Making the mount took some time, was painful. Will be calibrating tomorrow.

newtonty

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I have the same color/package and I love it. The dealer forgot to remove the shipping strut pucks so it was a very bad ride home until I removed them myself. You should be getting your Rabbit package decals in a few weeks too. Congrats!

Why not bring it back to the dealer and raise hell? If something goes wrong with the suspension later I would want it on the record that they f'ed up by leaving the pucks there. At the very least they should hook it up with some free car washes.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nah lol I won’t be sponsoring the site. Just glad my informative threads with 100,000+ views are still here to help the community. That’s what it’s always been about.

I’ll still be doing my thing elsewhere with the side gig. You guys have been great and it’s customer reviews and referrals that really made it what it is today anyway. No rule against that, and I intend to continue doing my best for those who still seek me out elsewhere.
Sad to see all your specific product threads gone. Read through many of them while bored at work. They had a wealth of information in them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

mindonmatter

Ready to race!

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Awesome man, congrats. I wanted the white but couldn't find one available. I love my urano grey, but white looks so sexy and is sooooo much easier to keep clean. I haven't washed mine in a week, and looks like it hasn't been washed in a year.

It has been raining almost every day here for two months now and I've washed my Urano Gray Rabbit three whole times. It really doesn't even look all that bad, except for the wheels. The brake dust on these is murder.

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
It has been raining almost every day here for two months now and I've washed my Urano Gray Rabbit three whole times. It really doesn't even look all that bad, except for the wheels. The brake dust on these is murder.

Of course it doesn't look bad, it's getting washed off everyday haha. I park outside, lots of big trees, tons of dust and pollen. In the last week we've had one light sprinkle and daily morning dew......it looks really really bad.

And yes brake dust is crazy. I have some ceramic pads sitting here waiting for me to install.

Attachments

• IMG_20190601_122448_resize_79.jpg
    IMG_20190601_122448_resize_79.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 453

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Last year when I installed my intercooler I botched the reassembly and the hood sat a few mm's lower than the fenders. Figured I'd finally fix it today......

Realigned the crash bar, started to put everything back together then I over torqued one of the nuts on the hood latch assembly and it broke off. I could have left it alone as there was a second nut holding it in place, but I decided to fix it properly...

Proceeded to drill out the broken bolt and what did I do? Poked a hole right into the a/c condenser. I panicked and tried quickly to patch it with epoxy but doesn't seem to work A quick Google shows most patch attempts fail anyway, so I ordered a new one, but it won't be here til Wednesday. So not only will I be without a/c for at least 4 days, but I get to take all this apart again soon! Awesome....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk