GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I had a busy weekend. First, I unloaded 22 bags of Sakrete from my stranded cargo trailer and put it into my baby trailer to be returned to Lowe's. The trailer weighed 1850 lbs like this...

My trip to Lowe's was only four miles on a quiet Saturday morning. After dropping those off, I then proceeded to remove ~3000 lbs of soil/gravel mix that I accidentally allowed to be used as fill after a driveway project. Here is the heaviest of those three loads...

Those loads each traveled 40 miles to two homes. I may even remove another 1000 lbs. Next, I'll be regrading the lawn to see if I can refill the driveway backfill area with excess soil from other areas. If not, then I'll be visiting a nursery to bring home fresh top soil.

Scott

nype

Drag Racing Champion

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Seriously.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Post 'em up then.......definitely relative...that is crazy cold for us from VA

let the "beat -9" game commence

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I could walk out to the car and get a nice low number possibly but the car shall sit till i need to go somewhere or it warms up

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
No doubt there are places that get colder. Even here for me tomorrow it's supposed to be high of -14, overnight low of -30, with wind chills in the -50 to -60 range. Even for Minnesota it seldom gets this bad.

Either way, -9 is still pretty cold for a "performance" car. Let's just say my oil temp barely started reading by the time I got to work.

All-in-all though I'm pretty impressed on how the mk7 operates in extreme cold. I remember my mk4 shifter was a lot stickier in cold temps.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ saw those temps on the news for Minneapolis area....unreal.

Albee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Pretty cold in Wisconsin lately

Attachments

• IMG_20190126_074226851-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20190126_074226851-800x600.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 578

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
No doubt there are places that get colder. Even here for me tomorrow it's supposed to be high of -14, overnight low of -30, with wind chills in the -50 to -60 range. Even for Minnesota it seldom gets this bad.

Either way, -9 is still pretty cold for a "performance" car. Let's just say my oil temp barely started reading by the time I got to work.

All-in-all though I'm pretty impressed on how the mk7 operates in extreme cold. I remember my mk4 shifter was a lot stickier in cold temps.

Last time I was in Minneapolis for my brother's wedding:

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/mn/minneapolis/KMSP/date/1996-12-26

Never had my face actually be in pain being outside until then.