GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
First road trip for my 2-year-old GTI this weekend (round-trip from Orange County, CA to Las Vegas). Picked up an air drag mod on the way back to OC today. Was surrounded, and this thing tumbled towards the car in front of me and ended up right in the middle of our lane for me to hit.

Luckily the softer "branches" side hit the front grills and got lodged in there. The side facing forward is much more solid and could've caused more damage than the fine scratches I ended up getting.

Trip info in the infotainment system is from the return trip with JB4 set to map 1 while running 91 octane. Passed through 3 mountains iirc. From my experience, the displayed gas mileage is about 2-3% higher than actual. The trip to Vegas was 4 hours flat with the infotainment displaying 28.4 mpg, but I forgot to take a pic of it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
How much drilling is required?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

No drilling. Uses existing mounts. If there was drilling involved I wouldn’t have gotten one lol

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Tested the true ability of the FDL in wet conditions. It performs pretty darn good. Still under-steered like a bitch into the other lane, but performed far better than a mechanical LSD does in the same situation. Even better than a RWD LSD in the situation I forced it into.

That Eurocode "rear chassis brace" is useless compared to the ones that bolt under the car, or the full frame chassis brace that goes in the trunk. For $50 its okay, but any more and you might as well buy an intake for all the benefit it provides. Don't mean to hate, but really now... if you can do the same thing by using a piece of rebar..... $10 for a rebar pole, and $20 for the fittings to install it.... If you are crafty and have a welder the cost would be even less. As far as improving performance, a stiffer RSB would do far far more.

Last edited:

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
The eurocode rear chassis bar is more of a cosmetic mod lol. Couldn't feel much improvement but I think it looks cool in the trunk (previous owner said the same thing for his S4)

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Installed a Eurocode rear chassis brace. When I have time I’m going to install the front chassis brace.
Going to go on a test drive to see if I can feel an improvement. Have heard good things about it
After having had the Eurocode bars for about 3 weeks now I can't really tell if the rear bar does anything. The front bar on the other hand is definitely noticeable and a worthwhile upgrade IMO.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
After having had the Eurocode bars for about 3 weeks now I can't really tell if the rear bar does anything. The front bar on the other hand is definitely noticeable and a worthwhile upgrade IMO.

I feel a difference when I make turns through canyons or making sharp turns. It’s not drastically, but I notice it. I know for sure the front chassis brace will be an improvement.

I also still plan on getting an upgraded rear sway bar and end links. Maybe front too.

Jon B.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GTI & '07 TBSS
Not to my car but I got a new 2 in 1 laptop for Christmas and asked Klii to sell me some wrap for it.

Klii hooked me up also! Don't mind the dirty car. Also, have one for the back, but don't have a good picture of it. Rear black badge doesn't fit great either (eBay). Front badge had vw markings and fit like factory. I'll probably just paint a factory rear if this one doesn't work out.

Attachments

• IMG_20181225_162621.jpg
    IMG_20181225_162621.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 700

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Finally got time to install my XBQ. And since I took all the trim off to do it right, finished up the vibration damper in the spare tire and on the wheel wells in the rear. Took way longer than expected but that's what happens when you allow your project scope to creep a little.

Attachments

• Spare tire well.jpg
    Spare tire well.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 750
  • XBQ installed.jpg
    XBQ installed.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 748