GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
took a peak under the front bumper to find that both side front lips and a good bit of the bumper has been scraped

That's just the cost of doing business. :p

TechRoss

Ready to race!
No biggy but after 2 months finally got to give my CS a bath myself. We had water restrictions for about 18 months that were just lifted. Had to get it washed, now I can do it myself. Nothing like washing your car to bond with it. Even went out Ang got new buckets, mitt, micro fibers. Made some DIY grit gaurds. Was so satisfying, I had to post.

MattB1

Ready to race!
Fitted Clubsport Belevedere wheels with PS4's

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 2,084
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,136
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,002

Pyzon

Ready to race!
In the last week:

VWR springs
ECS flush kit
ECS street shield
APR stage 1 tune
APR carbon fiber intake
APR carbon fiber turbo inlet pipe
GFB DV+
Alignment check
Winter tires - delete

Next: DSG tune/Stage 2/DP/Intercooler/Dyno

The slippery slope is very slippy......

Attachments

• IMG_238.jpg
    IMG_238.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 756
  • IMG_237.jpg
    IMG_237.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_236.jpg
    IMG_236.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:

Npdogg

Ready to race!
MattB - Thought I read somewhere that you got those off EBay or from a company? Either way they look amazing and I'm so jealous! I've been trying to find a way to get them to the US for less than the cost of a Kidney. Keep up the good work.

eddiekranc

Ready to race!
In the last week:

VWR springs
ECS flush kit
ECS street shield
APR stage 1 tune
APR carbon fiber intake
GFB DV+
Alignment check
Winter tires - delete

Should've gone straight to the apr dp since the software is waived. But good good what an amazing week lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB1

Ready to race!
MattB - Thought I read somewhere that you got those off EBay or from a company? Either way they look amazing and I'm so jealous! I've been trying to find a way to get them to the US for less than the cost of a Kidney. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Npdogg,

I found them on eBay.de, the seller had them listed as collection only but I asked him nicely, in German, and he agreed to ship them to the UK. The seller had way undervalued them, and he had listed them simply as "VW 7.5 x 18", no mention of Belvedere even in the description. I was lucky to stumble across them, but I spent many hours trawling through the listings. Sometimes they are listed as SOMO40 or SOMO 40, or just by the part number 5G0601025CF. There are often single wheels listed, if you have the patience to buy them one at a time.

I have found that the best stuff on the German eBay, or any other foreign eBay for that matter, is often hidden from international bidders, so what I do is add the address of a random hotel from that country into my eBay address book and then select it as my shipping addtess before I search. Then if I find something I add it to my watch list. Then I change my delivery address back to normal and check the item again in my watch list, often the international shipping is automatically calculated, otherwise I just contact the seller and ask for a quote. They are usaully OK with international shipping, helps if you ask them in their language as it is less hassle for them, I use Bing Translator.

They are only 7.6kg each, so the shipping shouldn't be that expensive, even if they are sent seperatley, like mine were.

Good luck with your search!

MattB1

Ready to race!
In the last week:

VWR springs
ECS flush kit
ECS street shield
APR stage 1 tune
APR carbon fiber intake
GFB DV+
Alignment check
Winter tires - delete

Wow, you have had a busy week, love the stance! You are right about the slope...