GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Oh see I think the opposite. I think the black cars hide any possible wheel gap as you just see wheels sticking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In person, yes. Your eyes are better than any camera lens. Cameras (particularly smartphones) have no choice but to expose for the white, leaving the tires underexposed. I see it over and over again here. You can look at the picture and you can't tell where the tire ends and the wheel gap begins.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
In person, yes. Your eyes are better than any camera lens. Cameras (particularly smartphones) have no choice but to expose for the white, leaving the tires underexposed. I see it over and over again here. You can look at the picture and you can't tell where the tire ends and the wheel gap begins.

No I hear you I'm saying when it's all black you don't even see the fender for the gap. Sometimes In the right lighting I'll see one and think it's even lowered when it aint

BrandonB00

Passed Driver's Ed
finally got an android phone and fired up the obdeleven. Quickly reset my lights to the proper level since they have been too low from lowering it, turned my soundaktor off and programmed the windows up/down with the key fob. then took a nap before work.

The Sleepstream app, a beanie to cover your eyes and a travel pillow are wonderful to have. I love me a nap in the car.

Npdogg

Ready to race!
Yay!! Got my GTI back from the body shop after 3 weeks for a headlight and paint work.

And then 15 mins into my drive I was greeted by this [emoji31]

So back to the shop tomorrow morning it goes again. FML!!!
Edit: The error has happened 4 times since leaving body shop, every time I turn it off then on.

Last edited:

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
Damn right it does, as does successfully braking at the first stop sign or red light. :p

Amen to that brother! It seems fine. But I'm going to try to have VW buy it back and buy a new one I can trust.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Yay!! Got my GTI back from the body shop after 3 weeks for a headlight and paint work.

And then 15 mins into my drive I was greeted by this [emoji31]

So back to the shop tomorrow morning it goes again. FML!!!
Edit: The error has happened 4 times since leaving body shop, every time I turn it off then on.

So sorry for this. Freaks me out when people just have random issues... makes me feel vulnerable, like why is your car doing that and how do I know mine won't

Npdogg

Ready to race!
So sorry for this. Freaks me out when people just have random issues... makes me feel vulnerable, like why is your car doing that and how do I know mine won't

Thanks, I wouldn't worry to much about random stuff popping up, my car has had none before this in 22k. And To be honest that error definitely isn't random. I had my right headlight replaced and my car has the LP. So it's a good bet that they didn't code it properly or do the adaptation for the new headlight.
The funny thing is I mentioned it to them before it was finished. And I went to this body shop(attached to dealership where I bought it) so I thought they would know more about my car so not to make this mistake. Guess not, I would have expected this issue from Joe Schmoe auto body, but not from the body shop at my dealer. I just can't win.

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
Haven't been following closely...what work did they do to resolve the brake caliber "issue"?

Was there damage to the wheel from the brake fluid sitting on it?

New caliper, pads. Said disc was good. No damage to the wheel.

No explanation as to why it decided to detach from the car.

Porschetech1

Passed Driver's Ed
Put my car back to stock height and aligned in 90 mins. Not bad for end of day work. Anyone need some h&r sport springs?

dsimons1187

Ready to race!
Looks great, what do you think sound wise? ?

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

Very happy sound wise. Has a nice deep growl to it now. Purrs at stop lights. Nice little crackles and pops every now and again. Very close to stock on the highway which was very important to me since I commute everyday. I felt like I watched hours of videos on different exhausts and but never was thrilled with any of them, especially considering the price of a them. This definitely fit the bill, sound and price wise. Couldn't be happier:)