GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
i actually got the universal fit rally armor and cut them to my liking.

they kind of remind me of the WRX or STI - type flaps.

They really do look good. The one thing I really don't like about rally armor mudflaps is that they stick out and look like a plastic POS but the way that you cut them looks professional and looks OEM-ish, top-notch mate!

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
Heat soak? What is that?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Feel free to add something, if I'm missing a major point--

It's when the heat from the engine builds up, increasing the ambient temperature of the engine bay.

That means the air (which is ideally cold) being pulled in by the intake/induction is already hot.
This impacts a couple of things.

Old school rule of thumb says +10f increase in ambient above air temp institutes a loss of 1bhp (old thinking, it's a lot less linear than it used to be, in actuality).
The basis of the loss is to do with:
- the air/fuel ratios calibrated by the ECU (hotter air has less oxygen per unit of volume due to thinness),
- the viscosity of the oil under high temp
- the dissipation of the heat into the cooling systems, blah blah nitty grittys

TL;DR basically it creates inefficiency. All of these things cause a knock-on effect creating timing issues.

It's a real issue with big blocks, iron blocks and Vtech. Not much of an issue with >3l engines (with the exception of vtech). Sitting in traffic will be the main cause of it in our uses.

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
i actually got the universal fit rally armor and cut them to my liking.
they kind of remind me of the WRX or STI - type flaps.

The only nice looking part of the STi :rolleyes:

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
I dunno...their front bumpers look nice from a distance...in the rear view mirror. ;)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Driver's frown included for free. :D

\w/

Ready to race!
They really do look good. The one thing I really don't like about rally armor mudflaps is that they stick out and look like a plastic POS but the way that you cut them looks professional and looks OEM-ish, top-notch mate!

Thanks, it was a lot easier than i expected.

i gotta say, they actually do work. Since installing them, i have not had much (if any) water / dirt splash on my doors and rear.

The only nice looking part of the STi :rolleyes:

Take the good and leave the bad ;)

I dunno...their front bumpers look nice from a distance...in the rear view mirror. ;)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i have yet to come across one. The ones that i see in my area are older; 2003-2006 ish

ericwood311

Ready to race!
Installed Deautokey tail light and reverse LEDs. The reverse bulbs are really bright and really happy with those. Not sure how I feel about the tail light bulbs though. When the headlights are on and the bulbs are on (dimmed), when I touch the brake pedal (bright) there isn't a huge difference between the dim and bright modes. So other than the 3rd brake light you might not know I was hitting the brakes. Anyone else experiencing the same scenario?

Left only replaced:

All replaced:

Ps. Please disregard my poorly lit license plate on the left side. I ordered a different style aftermarket backup camera, as the one I have replaces the license plate light and is garbage. I will be ordering the Deautokey license plate LEDs when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt15GTI

Ready to race!
Installed VW branded sun shades for the rear windows. Digging them.

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Thanks, it was a lot easier than i expected.

i gotta say, they actually do work. Since installing them, i have not had much (if any) water / dirt splash on my doors and rear.

Does it really keep sh*t off your rear? Well not your rear, but your hatch lol [emoji6] cause that's one of the things that kills me bout our cars. You can wash it and the hatch area will be dirty literally 15 minutes later...

skinnyroots

Ready to race!
Finally got around to installing my euro switch and automatic light sensor.