GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I took my spacers off because I had my 20,000 mile service and had some issues w/ drivability and wobble in the brakes etc...found out somehow all 4 rotors are warped (need resurfacing on my $) and need an all around alignment (again my dime) the alignment ok, warped f'n rotors on a year old car? With perfectly find calipers and pads etc...but no one can tell me how/why (I say inferior part) and they say sorry we don't cover that. So [emoji106] to going in and not costing me anything for the service, covered by VW service plan...suddenly became $260 problem plus the cream on top, due to it being "extremely out of alignment" my rear tires are "cupped" I was told...and the front 2 are prematurely fried. So there's another $600...suddenly became a $1000 day and went in for scheduled service [emoji107]

J.M.Phillips
Ouch!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
I took my spacers off because I had my 20,000 mile service and had some issues w/ drivability and wobble in the brakes etc...found out somehow all 4 rotors are warped (need resurfacing on my $) and need an all around alignment (again my dime) the alignment ok, warped f'n rotors on a year old car? With perfectly find calipers and pads etc...but no one can tell me how/why (I say inferior part) and they say sorry we don't cover that. So [emoji106] to going in and not costing me anything for the service, covered by VW service plan...suddenly became $260 problem plus the cream on top, due to it being "extremely out of alignment" my rear tires are "cupped" I was told...and the front 2 are prematurely fried. So there's another $600...suddenly became a $1000 day and went in for scheduled service [emoji107]

J.M.Phillips

God damn my friend!!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

J.M.Phillips

ECS flush kit?

josh.dsg

Ready to race!

J.M.Phillips
Dude that's bullshit. Did you have kit on when you went in for the service?

If not, I would pitch a fit. That's definitely a product quality issue.

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Dude that's bullshit. Did you have kit on when you went in for the service?

If not, I would pitch a fit. That's definitely a product quality issue.

Nope took them off...problem was there with and w/o spacers on, but they say it's a "wearable" item and not covered. If I would've went in at 12,000 miles I'd be covered but for some BS reason the problem just became so bad I had to bring it in.

I did pitch a fit and it got me nowhere, getting sick of dealing w/ VW...oh and the rust covered calipers, those aren't covered either....
guess I'm supposed to leave rust on my year old car, it's f'n maddening! What I think is that before my car was sold they put on DG springs, dual center exit exhaust and rear valence, but since day 1 my lights were way too low and my car never drove as smooth as it does after this alignment, etc...I don't think they ever aligned my car after they lowered it and it progressively got worse, because there's no way my car is "extremely out of alignment", no way! And sure as shit know they didn't do a readjust of my bi-xenons to get them to the appropriate level so what makes me think they did anything else they were supposed to.

Sorry for the rant, but this type of ish is getting to me [emoji53]

Last edited:

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
ECS flush kit?

Yeah ECS flush kit..really debating about putting them back on. Don't know if they had any effect , but right now I really can't afford to buy another set of rotors, or have them resurfaced again (if they can be).

Has anyone else had something like that happen, having their rotors warp and having spacers? Because it was all 4 rotors that were warped. I think the rotors were faulty prematurely, but that's my opinion and that means [emoji90] to anyone at VW apparently....

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Nope took them off...problem was there with and w/o spacers on, but they say it's a "wearable" item and not covered. If I would've went in at 12,000 miles I'd be covered but for some BS reason the problem just became so bad I had to bring it in.

I did pitch a fit and it got me nowhere, getting sick of dealing w/ VW...oh and the rust covered calipers, those aren't covered either....
guess I'm supposed to leave rust on my year old car, it's f'n maddening! What I think is that before my car was sold they put on DG springs, dual center exit exhaust and rear valence, but since day 1 my lights were way too low and my car never drove as smooth as it does after this alignment, etc...I don't think they ever aligned my car after they lowered it and it progressively got worse, because there's no way my car is "extremely out of alignment", no way! And sure as shit know they didn't do a readjust of my bi-xenons to get them to the appropriate level so what makes me think they did anything else they were supposed to.

Yeah this one is a rough one. I'm pretty sure no manufacturer would warranty this stuff unfortunately. You can reach out to VW and see if they can help you out they may at minimum give you a portion off the work done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

josh.dsg

Ready to race!

Did you buy it from VW or from a VW certified dealer? There has to be some recourse if so.

I am not lawyer, but surely they can't hold you accountable if the car past their "certified inspections" when sold

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Ran a wire from my euro switch to pin A29 on the BCM to allow control of the rear fog light. Didnt work. I thought maybe my piggyback auto sensor causing a problem and sure enough, when I plugged the switch harness right into the switch, bypassing the sensor, the rear fog worked. So now I have to figure that out...

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Installed EBC yellow stuff pads a few days ago for an upcoming track day. I expected these be loud and not really good for daily driving but they seem to be fine. Minimal noise, very similar to the stock lad but with lots more bite, they spit up a stupid amount of brake dust though. We will see how they do at the track.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Installed EBC yellow stuff pads a few days ago for an upcoming track day. I expected these be loud and not really good for daily driving but they seem to be fine. Minimal noise, very similar to the stock lad but with lots more bite, they spit up a stupid amount of brake dust though. We will see how they do at the track.

More dust than OE?
Must look like a fog then. :eek:

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Hanging the caliper by hose not a good practice.
Yeah I tied it up after I realized I forgot too