GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
not actually grease, it was just the term lol, use that orange/brown/bronze colored stuff, worked well for me

Yeah anti-seize [emoji6] I buttered mine up (the face that goes against the hub) like a piece of toast lol, just a light coating and perfect...

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
^^ I did both sides because they can either stick to the hub or the heat with all the heat involved!

I used to put a dab on the end of the bolts too, a mechanic told me to do this...

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Congrats, what'd ya put in her?

Just some ol' run of the mill Shell 91. I imagine there will be a couple more to follow shortly as I'm dying to get this 1,000 mile break-in out of the way haha. :cool:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ok, pulled all the spacers. Wire brushed all the surfaces and removed one sticker+residue on a front spacer (not sure why it was there...). Put a level on all 5 bolts each time I took them out. Noted one of the front ones was about 1mm short, but that's it. Had some brake pad antisqueal lying around so used that on all faces. We'll see how it does tomorrow. Perhaps I was just paying more attention than I usually do and the vibration has always been there. It didn't seem consistent either. Perhaps spacers accentuate road imperfections more?

JDane07

Ready to race!

Picked something up from FedEx [emoji7]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk