GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

soulrvc

Looking good. I wish we could legally tint that dark in GA. Only 35% for us :(

Question... are the tiny windows by the mirrors done from the outside or inside? It's hard to tell with the picture but it looks like it's from the outside. I plan on getting tint done soon and I'm curious if I will have to take off the plastic on the A pillar so they can tint those stupid little windows from the inside.
I feel you bro I live in ga and I just tinited my windows 35% but it still looks pretty good

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Installed and coded LED tails. One year birthday and car's dialed in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bikebits

Ready to race!
Installed the Tiguan steel wheel centre caps that arrived today. Ready for winter now!

ericwood311

Ready to race!
Installed anti-glare blind spot mirrors. It's crazy how lowering your car just an inch can make it so that every car blinds you. I'm really hoping that these help since everyone in Alpharetta, GA either has a Jeep Wrangler or a high end SUV. Next is an auto dim rear view mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Markio

Ready to race!
Installed anti-glare blind spot mirrors. It's crazy how lowering your car just an inch can make it so that every car blinds you. I'm really hoping that these help since everyone in Alpharetta, GA either has a Jeep Wrangler or a high end SUV. Next is an auto dim rear view mirror.

How much were these and how difficult was the install?

ericwood311

Ready to race!
How much were these and how difficult was the install?

Paid $75 shipped from eBay and install was super easy. Just turn the mirrors in so that you can get a finger in and pop them off (that's what she said... ;)) Then swap over the 2 wires for the heating element and apply even pressure installing the new ones.
I used the following video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWD1j4gEka0

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, would you mind posting up a review how they change the feel of your DCC and updated pictures when they settle?

The suspension is definitely firmer. I'd say the "Comfort" setting feels about like "Sport" with the original springs, and I can definitely feel more small stuff. "Sport" now is quite firm. Definitely less of a refined suspension feel compared with stock, but that's OK for me. I haven't driven the car hard with the new springs yet though.

Markio

Ready to race!
Paid $75 shipped from eBay and install was super easy. Just turn the mirrors in so that you can get a finger in and pop them off (that's what she said... ;)) Then swap over the 2 wires for the heating element and apply even pressure installing the new ones.
I used the following video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWD1j4gEka0

Awesome, do they really work when you're driving at night? I wonder if there is one for the rear view mirror. Damn jeeps at night kill me

ericwood311

Ready to race!
Awesome, do they really work when you're driving at night? I wonder if there is one for the rear view mirror. Damn jeeps at night kill me

I just went to get dinner and they do make a huge difference for cutting the glare from other people's headlights. When someone was behind me previously, all I could see what their headlights. With the anti-glare mirrors I could actually see the vehicle itself and their lights were no longer blinding me. The only downfall to these mirrors is the aspherical shape to them. It almost makes it appear like you're wearing eye glasses with the wrong prescription. Backing into my parking spot with no light was a real challenge. I will see if over time I get used to them and report back after a few days.

In regards to your question about the rear view mirror, as I stated in my original post, I plan on getting an auto dimming rear view mirror next. I'm just on the fence between getting one with a reverse camera built in, as I have a 2015 S model which does not come with a reverse camera. I'm planning on getting a different head unit soon too and I'm weighing the pros and cons of having the reverse camera appear on the touch screen or in the rear view mirror.