GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

marinmajik

Passed Driver's Ed

got my mats in today

testcard

Ready to race!
Question: why even have an iPhone mount? Mine automatically connects to the Bluetooth and never even leaves my pocket when I'm in the car.
Because I don't carry my phone in my pocket when I'm driving, and I occasionally use a navigation app.

salmon

Ready to race!
Performed some light detailing work on the car (no hose or pressure washer) and found the plastic trim spoiler that runs down the side of the rear window has become loose.

Clearly the double sided tape of an excuse that VW have used isnt working very well :rolleyes:

Otherwise its looking clean.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Today I decided to book my car in for the right rear door re-spayed.

I managed to scrape it on a fence post I reverse past every day (duh) then made a pig's ear out of touching in the scratches / scuffs (double duh). Not a huge surprise as I'm less than good at repairing such damage as there are 2 main scratches down to primer and a dozen or so scrapes / scuffs so prob a professional job was required anyway. Sigh....

Last edited:

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Found a nice (opportunistic ) empty dual carriageway and tested just how accurate the top speed stats are. .....

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Used it as a mini van to transport the fragile breakables whilst moving into new house.

So hard to drive a GTI slow and easy around corners.

On the return journeys I opened her up, love the pop fart.

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
well... the stated max was looking very believable but I came to my senses and bailed out .... the public highway is no place for such tomfoolery.

( OK, ... I bottled the last 5% )

pjr

Ready to race!
Discovered that my GTI will do an indicated 72mph in second gear :D

(Manual gearbox, using digital speedo in the MFD, probably an actual 69 or 70 mph)