GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

woody1

Passed Driver's Ed
Brolly,

I pulled out that plastic part and used a dremal to cut it out. At the same time I took out the baffle in the air box and dropped in a K&N . So yes much more intake noise. As far as the holes on the passenger side, planning to make the same holes on the other side soon.

dc22

Ready to race!
washed, polished and waxed.

Last edited:

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
Enkei Rajin wheels on a white SE? I have that combo as well. My tires are Conti DW summer tires. Also APR Stage One. Good taste!

petroglyphix

Ready to race!
How on earth did you manage that?!:eek:

Unfortunately i'm not sure. I believe it was a passenger somewhere along the line. Under the cap are three tabs and one of mine has snapped off (see the missing tab above the yellow sticker below). One odd thing: I can't find the missing tab. I've looked everywhere. Maybe a friend of mine give it a little too overzealous of a turn and covered his tracks by disposing of the evidence.

I'm going to go with possible factory defect, poor manufacturing, design flaw or all of the above. They aren't the strongest of tabs. I've had the vehicle for less than 3 weeks and my dealer will be providing me with a new adjustment wheel, so not the biggest issue. However I'm hoping to avoid problems like this down the road.

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately i'm not sure. I believe it was a passenger somewhere along the line. Under the cap are three tabs and one of mine has snapped off (see the missing tab above the yellow sticker below). One odd thing: I can't find the missing tab. I've looked everywhere. Maybe a friend of mine give it a little too overzealous of a turn and covered his tracks by disposing of the evidence.
I'm going to go with possible factory defect, poor manufacturing, design flaw or all of the above. They aren't the strongest of tabs. I've had the vehicle for less than 3 weeks and my dealer will be providing me with a new adjustment wheel, so not the biggest issue. However I'm hoping to avoid problems like this down the road.

10.5k on mine and nothing really except for the door creak, which I fixed with tubing and an a/c servo motor. Occasional seat creak. My build date is 10/14.

dc22

Ready to race!
Enkei Rajin wheels on a white SE? I have that combo as well. My tires are Conti DW summer tires. Also APR Stage One. Good taste!

They're actually Neuspeed RSE14s! I am also rockin' contis, but the DWS 06 variety. Fantastic tires and much better than the old DWS tires.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

Hit 5 grand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
They're actually Neuspeed RSE14s! I am also rockin' contis, but the DWS 06 variety. Fantastic tires and much better than the old DWS tires.

If the 06 are better I can not imagine how good they are. I used to have DWS on another car and wet driving was fantastic, also noise and comfort were excellent.

greatoz

Ready to race!
installed the Audi jack pads into my GTI front and back - the rubber bungs were a bitch to get seated out back,even with lubrication and a 27mm socket on my jack. once they're in, though, they're in.

also bought the necessary trim bits up front to do the same thing there. a bit easier to get the bung installed and the trim piece jammed up into the rubber mount. looks good from all angles.

details from another post: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3266&page=2 look for post #25...

tGo

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
installed the Audi jack pads into my GTI front and back - the rubber bungs were a bitch to get seated out back,even with lubrication and a 27mm socket on my jack. once they're in, though, they're in.

also bought the necessary trim bits up front to do the same thing there. a bit easier to get the bung installed and the trim piece jammed up into the rubber mount. looks good from all angles.

details from another post: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3266&page=2 look for post #25...

tGo
I'm interested in doing this. Where did you order the parts?