GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Installed RocEuro MQB Drivetrain Stabilizer. Sorry didn't have take any pics while under the car. My first simple mechanical mod since installing a Kart Boy short throw shifter and poly linkage bushings in my '05 Subaru Legacy GT. DSG shifts are a lot smoother now, especially when coming to a stop in D (no more downshift to 2/1 jerkiness). Can't get it to wheel hop either, but we'll see what happens with that later as JB4 is next, then probably a catted UR downpipe.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Installed RocEuro MQB Drivetrain Stabilizer. Sorry didn't have take any pics while under the car. My first simple mechanical mod since installing a Kart Boy short throw shifter and poly linkage bushings in my '05 Subaru Legacy GT. DSG shifts are a lot smoother now, especially when coming to a stop in D (no more downshift to 2/1 jerkiness). Can't get it to wheel hop either, but we'll see what happens with that later as JB4 is next, then probably a catted UR downpipe.

I'm interested in this.. The downshifts coming to a stop while in Sport mode are almost unbearably violent and my 034 insert is bent and doesn't do much anymore. How are the launches/aggressive accelerations?

Last edited:

Evil Minion

Ready to race!

Very interesting... Any added NVH from this while driving regularly?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I'm interested in this.. The downshifts coming to a stop while in Sport mode are almost unbearably violent and my 034 insert is bent and doesn't do much anymore. How are the launches/aggressive accelerations?

I mainly purchased it for this reason. I had been shifting into neutral when rolling to a stoplight, or throwing it in to manual to trigger the keep alive downshifts at low RPM. I only have 1300 miles and so far have not done any hard launches. I have gone WOT from a rolling start through first/second with the stabilizer installed and ASR off, ESC on. Got some brief wheel spin above 5500'ish in first before it shifted to second but zero wheel hop on my Nokian summers.

Very interesting... Any added NVH from this while driving regularly?

None. You cannot tell it is installed in reverse/idle.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
I mainly purchased it for this reason. I had been shifting into neutral when rolling to a stoplight, or throwing it in to manual to trigger the keep alive downshifts at low RPM. I only have 1300 miles and so far have not done any hard launches. I have gone WOT from a rolling start through first/second with the stabilizer installed and ASR off, ESC on. Got some brief wheel spin above 5500'ish in first before it shifted to second but zero wheel hop on my Nokian summers.

None. You cannot tell it is installed in reverse/idle.

Well, purchase placed. Did this come with install instructions? I see nothing on their site.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Well, purchase placed. Did this come with install instructions? I see nothing on their site.

Yes, there is a nice paper document write up that comes in the package. It should only take you 10 minutes after you're up on ramps/jack stands. I purchased an extra bolt from them and it didn't come in the package, so I re-used the OEM bolt torqued to 75. I'll call and bitch about my missing bolt and may switch it out for peace of mind when it comes.

The only confusing part for me was the instructions to use the breaker bar to rock the engine and line up the holes to thread the new pendulum in. I needed to rock it backwards and couldn't find any leverage point to do that, only to rock it forwards. Fortunately all I had to do was physically grab the engine with my hands and pull it towards the back of the car a little bit and the hole lined up just fine. It really moves quite easily on the factory engine mounts with the pendulum loose.

Edit: If anyone wants a scan of the install instructions let me know, I'll put them up.

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Yes, there is a nice paper document write up that comes in the package. It should only take you 10 minutes after you're up on ramps/jack stands. I purchased an extra bolt from them and it didn't come in the package, so I re-used the OEM bolt torqued to 75. I'll call and bitch about my missing bolt and may switch it out for peace of mind when it comes.

The only confusing part for me was the instructions to use the breaker bar to rock the engine and line up the holes to thread the new pendulum in. I needed to rock it backwards and couldn't find any leverage point to do that, only to rock it forwards. Fortunately all I had to do was physically grab the engine with my hands and pull it towards the back of the car a little bit and the hole lined up just fine. It really moves quite easily on the factory engine mounts with the pendulum loose.
Hmm this is pretty cool I may have to give it a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Clutch and throw out bearing are 799. Install is the hourly rate of whatever shop you choose for 6-7 hours. I happened to choose a fairly expensive shop bc I wanted it done right. Definitely worth the extra money for an intensive install like this.

You may have said it, but I didn't see it. What clutch did you go with?

From the pics it looks like you went to XLR8 in Connecticut? Mind if I ask what the total cost ran you in the end? I agree with going to a reputable shop for something like this and I will likely have mind done there sometime soon as well.

nate704

Go Kart Champion

Edit: If anyone wants a scan of the install instructions let me know, I'll put them up.

Is it compatible with R (AWD) DSG tranny?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

bennybmn

Ready to race!
Flapped and flushed the dadwagen.

I'm a little disappointed my Yosemite Sam stickers wouldn't stick to the flaps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk