GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
IMG_4513.jpeg
IMG_4512.jpeg
Some line maintenance tools I carry around.

Junk drawer MS to AN adapter for Airbus MLG shimmy damper servicing & a SnapOn 9/16 (1/2 drive) turned down on a lathe to be short enough to remove a Airbus flap trunnion without removing or damaging adjacent components.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I mean sand paper and unlimited time works too haha
Probably a safer route with me.

Do i need to get a poster of Rita Hayworth to cover it up in the meantime

LapizHQ

Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Did a couple of OCD tweaks this morning.

First off, It bothered me that the rear hatch had this big gap here, so I filled it with what the cars comes with in Europe - the VW warning triangle. Looks great and adds a bit of color!

View attachment IMG_1685.jpeg

I installed these velcro rear cargo nets behind the rear seats for extra storage that I don't want rolling around, as well as DeAutoKey LED's in the hatch and glovebox. Halogen bulbs just look so dated to me. The hatch ones I got the complete housing replacement. Took these pictures with a good amount of ambient light so really impressed with them so far.

View attachment IMG_1684.jpeg

View attachment IMG_1687.jpeg

Also, any idea why these photos won't load in thread?

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Rep lights, ducts and aero covers.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Might possibly have ordered a Clubsport rear wing and some sort of diffuser.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
full send lol
tbh dream car and SO much to do got me into a place where I'm really trying to only drive it for fun/when I'm going to actually enjoy it. No short trips, rarely to work, mainly just on weekends for fun and car shows, occasionally to visit family out of town.

It's so close to a place where I'm satisfied, I've been putting off installing the new spacers because I've also got to remove the old dust covers and install the new ones from BFI, and currently I'm fighting with a very slightly tweaked seat bracket for the AX car. Once that's done though, it'll be (roughly) where I want everything, though I think if I can get our driveway smoothed out a little I'd like to go a little lower in the front. Oh, and tires. So much tire need.