Attachments

• IMG_6752.jpeg
    IMG_6752.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 47

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I purchased the @StorableComa grounding kit. Forum member, More cost effective and he supplies better fasteners as well 😎
*not trying to rain on your parade, as any kit is better than the OEM setup.
Same here

tigeo

Autocross Champion

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
1705181560409.png
1705181575045.png

Ducting is in. The foglight intake fitment is probably 90%, but good enough for function. I'll probably clean up some last details with the 3d files and throw them up somewhere in case there is anyone else with a BMS intake and a MK7 GTI that wants to run this, and has a printer.

Went with ghetto ducting hose because real hose is mega expensive, and this isn't being routed through suspension or anything, so the cheap stuff should be fine.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The cleaner it is the easier it is to see leaks and I really love a clean car.
I actually saw just a touch of oil on the studs where the turbo mounts to the head. Going to deep clean the engine bay this week and keep an eye out.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Fixed a pesky pinhole leak on the hard coolant pipe at the front of the engine on the high mile TSi. Initially thought it was the end of the soft pipe to the reservoir which was looking a bit ratty so cut it back slightly to test the theory - which then revealed the true cause. Temporary fixed it which JB Weld which seems to have done the job while I wait for the new parts.

Gray_Panther

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Paint corrected and ceramic coated the MK7 today. Started at 9AM and finished around 12AM. Job took me about 15 hours.

I was quoted $1200 for this job so I did it myself. This is my first time ever doing this type of job and I think I did great.

It was fairly hard on my back I’ll be honest.
The worse of it was polishing the roof of the car.

Night Blue Metallic is such an underrated color
View attachment 297682
View attachment 297683
View attachment 297684

Here's one correction I was able to do.
Piano Black Side Pillar BEFORE cut & polishView attachment 297679AFTER (excuse the smudge on the panel)
View attachment 297680
Looks amazing for your first time!
Looks like a pro did the paint!
What polisher did you use?
Edit: I saw your post that you did it by hand. Your body must hate this decision by now ha!

Last edited: