GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Sounds like a good ole 2 speed car. There was a red '72 Chevelle 454 2 speed powerglide we always saw at Summit Motorsports Park that consistently ran 10.31 or 10.51 like an atomic clock without fail. Was amazing.

Out here the DA is disgusting. Track is roughly 39 feet above sea level, but DA rarely drops below 2000 feet. The only consistent and fast cars are NA big block chevys with powerglides, NA K swapped EG/EK civics, or NA aircooled beetles. My GSW4Mo times can vary by over a second with no change to the car due to environmental factors.

The longer I live over here the more eager I am to part with both Mk7s to fund a drag bug and autocross Mini haha. Doesn't help I've been hanging out with aircooled guys recently. Hamma Time runs 9.90s at 130+ all day long. Dan's green bug runs 10.90s on a "stock" pan.
IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4544.jpeg

IMG_4539.jpeg

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
I've seen quite a few people with this. What does it do? Just keep the splashing down when pouring? Do you have to remove it to put the cap back on?
Its the cap and funnel in one piece. Its folds over as the cap and unfolds to be a funnel to add fluid. Buy it.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Was it Subliminal that was saying Cobb's spark based TC works well? LMAO. ok buddy.....

View attachment 295120
Ahh man, I just gave Diggs a steak on a platter didn't I. lmao

I'm not going to say Cobb's implementation of spark based TC is perfect, but it is leaps and bounds better than stock TC. Cobb TC vs Switchpatch TC? I just found out Switchpatch TC existed so don't ask me! 😂 One thing I do know is I'd never switch to anything that didn't offer spark-based TC. The little ive read up on Switchpatch TC it does seem to attempt to solve the boost situation however. So, ST in my future?

This is a wot pull on cold all seasons this morning, Cobb TC pulled up to 15 degrees of timing. Did it overboost? Yea. But under such ignition conditions overall engine torque is very low and IATs don't seem affected. So 🤷‍♂️

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Last piece of the puzzle before tuning on Thursday.

5 bar sensors and confirmed gaps on the plugs!

Let’s gooo!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpeg
    IMG_2532.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
New window "shades" off AliE. Wanted more heat protection and did not want to do darker tint (max legal here is 35%). Easy install, just need to make sure your window sil is clean or else the tape wont stick. Only minor gripe is the rear shade hangs a little low in the rear view. Not sure if I installed it right (I just stuffed it in between the glass and the plastic). It comes with some clips that need double sided tape. May try that later.
IMG_0337.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0340.jpg

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Bought an IE intake locally and installed it today. It’s been raining all day so I can’t hear it as of now until it dries. Reved the car in the garage and it sounded nice. Kinda excited. Already purchase an S&B filter to replace the shitty IE filter. Engine bay lookin nice now. I finally get to maintain the engine bay now that I can open my hood at meets.

excuse the dirty engine bay.
56FC430F-8A61-4803-B648-CA74D28ADD18.jpeg