GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Was yesterday, but witnessed my clutch slip for the first time, after 60k miles. Limped it home and put it in the garage.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks! I’ll check the diameter….I have an old Cjm mount in my garage somewhere

If you have a 3D printer, or know someone who does, there's a few your can print out as well.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Was yesterday, but witnessed my clutch slip for the first time, after 60k miles. Limped it home and put it in the garage.

What clutch kit have you been running?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
how'd it happen exactly? my ACT clutch slipped pretty good back in January (got a little too excited in 6th gear on the freeway, lol) and it's been fine since, still holding on every pull

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I wonder if I could get away with just getting a new disc ? Or play it safe and just get another whole kit? Kind of upset cuz I was really close to getting a 3076R, and MPI setup. Also a LPFP from StorableComa. Now I have to wait.

Also concerned because of how odd the slip is. Like press gas and it goes for a second, hesitates for a second, goes again, hesitates a second time for a split second and then finally gave me the sauce and the accel hit like I used RAL, but I didnt. No log sadly, and can't go take one until I get fresh tires on the rear. They are bald somehow and I swear 2 weeks ago they looked fine.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I wonder if I could get away with just getting a new disc ? Or play it safe and just get another whole kit? Kind of upset cuz I was really close to getting a 3076R, and MPI setup. Also a LPFP from StorableComa. Now I have to wait.

Also concerned because of how odd the slip is. Like press gas and it goes for a second, hesitates for a second, goes again, hesitates a second time for a split second and then finally gave me the sauce and the accel hit like I used RAL, but I didnt. No log sadly, and can't go take one until I get fresh tires on the rear. They are bald somehow and I swear 2 weeks ago they looked fine.
Was the gear indicator in the MFD disappearing when it happened?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
how'd it happen exactly? my ACT clutch slipped pretty good back in January (got a little too excited in 6th gear on the freeway, lol) and it's been fine since, still holding on every pull
Read that ^ above. Also noticed the gear indicator was dissappearing.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

I had the same problem. Look one day and all is good. Drive home in a rain storm a couple days later and holy fishtail batman. Luckily only had ro wait 2 days for replacements. Didn't drive it those days for obvious reasons.
20230504_161202.jpg

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Read that ^ above. Also noticed the gear indicator was dissappearing.
wasn't it you that was having some slip like a year ago after letting a friend drive it but things were back to normal after a good heat cycle? maybe try that again lol

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I had the same problem. Look one day and all is good. Drive home in a rain storm a couple days later and holy fishtail batman. Luckily only had ro wait 2 days for replacements. Didn't drive it those days for obvious reasons. View attachment 285169
Yea mine are not that bad, but they are smooth enough to where I know its sketch. Local Discount Tire says they some DWS06 in stock thank god.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
wasn't it you that was having some slip like a year ago after letting a friend drive it but things were back to normal after a good heat cycle? maybe try that again lol
Yes it was lol, except this time the slip is worse and the gear indicator disappeared for a split second. I watched the tach hang at 3k and 4k. IDK if driving will help it or not. I need rear tires before I try that though. Last time is was around 300 miles before it was back to normal.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R

Maybe they rebuild them?

When I pulled my transmission for a rear main seal replacement, I really didn’t want to put a worn clutch back in. Southbend was able to rebuilt the pressure plate, flywheel, and I just bought a new disc. Total was about $500 compared to a $1500 new price tag.