Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Probably his car.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Oh, I may have to order those nuts now that you link it! Cause they have 12 x 1.5 options as my current studs are 14 to 12 conversions at 75mm length too but they have 19mm nuts and even with a thin wall I had to remove the plastic sleeve and tesa tape the socket and even then is very stressful using the sockets 😂.
I am really, really thinking about doing the 14 to 12 conversion. Just because the options for lug nuts is like 100 times more in the 12x1.5. I have Motegi CM7's and I can't use any impact socket, the only one that worked was the old style Gorilla 17mm without the sleeve, none of the thin wall from Amazon worked, even after removing the sleeve. Aside from that, I was able to use a Husky 12 point and Craftsman 12 point 1/2" drive long socket, but the Craftsman didn't reach all the way into the lug nut. I don't worry about covering the socket, as I install by hand on those wheels and since the wall of the Gorilla is so thin I don't use the impact at all.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I am really, really thinking about doing the 14 to 12 conversion. Just because the options for lug nuts is like 100 times more in the 12x1.5. I have Motegi CM7's and I can't use any impact socket, the only one that worked was the old style Gorilla 17mm without the sleeve, none of the thin wall from Amazon worked, even after removing the sleeve. Aside from that, I was able to use a Husky 12 point and Craftsman 12 point 1/2" drive long socket, but the Craftsman didn't reach all the way into the lug nut. I don't worry about covering the socket, as I install by hand on those wheels and since the wall of the Gorilla is so thin I don't use the impact at all.
My RPF1s use a 13/16ths or 21mm hex lugnut, and holy moly is it hard to find an impact that will fit. It looks like a 5x100 blank was used and drilled to 5x114.3, which might play a role there -- not sure if all of them are like that or not, but I'll live given that I only use them for racecar things once or twice a month. My Rota Grids otoh use a 17mm tuner style lugnut and those I have to be particular with if I want to use an impact with, only certain ones will fit.

I do appreciate that Tekton has measurements/dimensions listed on their website, that might help you out as well.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Like seepage drop or bigger puddle like multi-drop? Is there an oil trail around your pan?
Not sure man. It's just a blotchy puddle, not even typical looking either. Kind of like it dripped for a few minutes and then stopped and seeped into the concrete or something. Not sure about trail, haven't looked at the oil pan yet.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Since the new to me PP Brembo front pads P85144 evolved an not-acceptable clunk/thud noise over certain potholes/positive inputs I ditched them today. Replaced them with OEM pads. No vertical play, no noise!
FD3F603D-9340-4312-9F23-3388F9C42640.jpeg

B114C8B3-E9E3-413B-8253-5D54DE2810B5.jpeg

I know the anti-rattle springs are off. Don’t look at them too angry because otherwise the brake off…

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Not sure man. It's just a blotchy puddle, not even typical looking either. Kind of like it dripped for a few minutes and then stopped and seeped into the concrete or something. Not sure about trail, haven't looked at the oil pan yet.
RMS?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
Since the new to me PP Brembo front pads P85144 evolved an not-acceptable clunk/thud noise over certain potholes/positive inputs I ditched them today. Replaced them with OEM pads. No vertical play, no noise!
View attachment 282681
View attachment 282682
I know the anti-rattle springs are off. Don’t look at them too angry because otherwise the brake off…
I have the same pads. When installed mechanic told me about the wiggle. For the first few days I notice the clunk over bumps, I order new ate pads but suddenly noise stop don't know how or why. I'm still using the brembo ones over a year no noise anymore.

tbell6

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Was this in NJ? I am in NJ and would love to join the next one if not too far from me.

This is the second one I’ve done with this group. This one started in Garfield NJ went to Hawks Nest in NY then drove around some PA roads. First started in Butler NJ and went to Hawks Nest.

If you send me a PM I can try and let you know next time 👍

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Got the GTI a new stablemate. Traded the Jetta, she hasn't been right since the dealer swapped out the media screen and software updated it. Sorry about the bow on the hood, I didn't know they were gonna do that lol.

tacodelivery.jpg