GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Been paranoid about some issues and behaviours happening in the wheel and have a friend who's a tech and offered to get it on a hoist and lookat it. Long story short, it's all in my head and likely resonance on the new bbk from the anti-knockback springs in the pistons.

However, we found an oil leak with the engine covered in thin oil film. Traced it to the turbo oil return flange on the engine block. Bleh, explains why it smelled like burning oil after some heavy throttle. Not the end of the world.

1682726371176.png

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Dammit I'm in... where was this done? I'm willing to put my car on jack stands and send out all my calipers for something that looks like that. Maybe not that color since my car is TR. But I'm itching to switch my black wheels to bronze and I don't think my currently yellow calipers are going to look good under bronze wheels.
These guys do all of my powder-coating

https://ewheelworks.us/

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Added some more shit to the Tiguan to make it more like a XL Golf, zhong rear/side winglet things - and a maxton knockoff spoiler extension… really gotta delete the wiper but I’ve been putting off cause I don’t want to mess with removing the body panels.

ACC6BDAF-6D8E-46AB-B3E3-0810D3A84E39.jpeg
DDB13AE3-BA01-4A38-B512-EBF8791C7E00.jpeg
5F506F4C-7F3B-4923-9590-C69696BF5D4E.jpeg
6F785304-6154-43F9-8176-E2A8A80EC6B1.jpeg

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Got out the summer wheels to clean up and swap on.

dirty belvedere.jpg sudsy belvedere.jpg

Found a scrape on a spoke and cried for only twenty minutes. Must've happened during my last move. Any recommendations for fixing it? Not opposed to DIY if I could make it invisible from ~10' or so.

sad belvedere.jpg

Last edited:

BikoLite

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 GTI SE
Washed and detailed the GTI and XC60R. Thankfully, only 1 of the 2 requires a stepladder to clean.

Also hit 16K miles after 4 years and 10 days of ownership!
IMG_3798.jpeg

More suspension parts showed up today, wheels and tires expected next week. Still need to make a decision on LCAs and sway bars.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Powdercoat them silver IMHO
These have ~3k miles on them and were virtually mint before this scrape :(
I was hoping powdercoating them will be my long play. I agree, I think a classic silver as seen on the R32/GTI 20th Aristo wheel below would suit the Belvedere

1682813974053.png

Last edited:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Washed and detailed the GTI and XC60R. Thankfully, only 1 of the 2 requires a stepladder to clean.

Also hit 16K miles after 4 years and 10 days of ownership!
View attachment 279688

More suspension parts showed up today, wheels and tires expected next week. Still need to make a decision on LCAs and sway bars.
Bukkake for you, dirty girl!