GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
What I do to my MK7 today?

When closing the Hood today the arm must of hit the QD fitting attached to the Ethanol sensor causing the line to blow and dump fuel everywhere!!
View attachment 279535

The street was full of fuel I had to push my car to side.

Crazy thing I was doing runs that night, this happened on the way home on the side streets doing 40mph or less, reaching a stop sign, it just shut down.

A real video of me, when I popped the hood and saw E85 all over the place.

That sucks. Just curious though, why did you use a QD for a fuel line?

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
That sucks. Just curious though, why did you use a QD for a fuel line?
I had ordered the upgraded fuel lines from Precision Raceworks, they come QD. Then I ordered the additional line for ethanol into MPI just to keep everything the same.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I had ordered the upgraded fuel lines from Precision Raceworks, they come QD. Then I ordered the additional line for ethanol into MPI just to keep everything the same.

Gotcha. Didn't realize that kit came with QD's on the fuel lines.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I pick them up from powder coat tomorrow :)

tempImageOUt56f.png

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I pick them up from powder coat tomorrow :)

View attachment 279601
Dammit I'm in... where was this done? I'm willing to put my car on jack stands and send out all my calipers for something that looks like that. Maybe not that color since my car is TR. But I'm itching to switch my black wheels to bronze and I don't think my currently yellow calipers are going to look good under bronze wheels.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
10/10.

Just curious....what colour is that?
Illusion Cherry
Dammit I'm in... where was this done? I'm willing to put my car on jack stands and send out all my calipers for something that looks like that. Maybe not that color since my car is TR. But I'm itching to switch my black wheels to bronze and I don't think my currently yellow calipers are going to look good under bronze wheels.
These are going behind bronze wheels (pic is before powdercoat calipers)
IMG_5064.jpeg