GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Some triple black is OK. Machined and black is the look I don't like.
20220724_193219.jpg
20220724_193329.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That it’s polarizing, but not my thing. I didn’t mean to bash other people’s preferences, I realize that’s kind of how I came across.

Nah, it's ok. Bashing other people's opinions is like... our entire thing here and the whole point of the forums...

IES99

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Took it to Mt. Pleasant SC Cars and Coffee. Afterwards took it home and washed and waxed it. I used the wax I use on my boat: It has PTEF (Teflon) in it.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Oil change today. Got some new ramps also, and of course I still had to shim with some 2x's to keep from ripping the bumper off. Ordered some ceramic Wagner pads. Cheap enough for a test. They will be in tomorrow, however I think I am going to change rotors also. These are starting to get a lip on them, and I want some drilled and slotted. Still looking on what ones to get.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I swapped the boomba knob out for a billetworks knob this morning. I like the height difference a lot. The adapter is actually machined about 2 thousandths off so it does not sit all the way down but after driving it the shifting feels awesome.
Anyway, I want to get the rotation slop out of the shifter. The knob is tightened down properly, it’s in the actual shifter. Here’s a short to explain.
YouTube Short

F857E44D-2746-4159-AF99-7A5C9F4862DD.jpeg
BC38B99D-FBD6-4236-AE71-0C5A303F3475.jpeg
25ED8F28-E39E-4CA7-BD3F-D5DA90E8E254.jpeg

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Nah, it's ok. Bashing other people's opinions is like... our entire thing here and the whole point of the forums...
It’s totally how we show our love. Example, we love drilled rotors…… @GTIfan99 can’t stand them and lets us Know